Anyone Worked With The Tank007 PT30?

Icarus1

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone here had experience with the Tank007 pt30 lights? I am looking at getting the uv version but wanted to get some feedback from the forum. I did a search and did not find anything

Enlightened
BTW, it is not as bright (I mean the fluoresence) as I'd envisioned it to be, even though the emitter die is small and reflector is really good and of 40mm size which is decent like an Ultrafire C8 or something. It does not work at all in a say 20sqm room lit with a 36W PLL light, unless you are shining at a highly fluorescent material and the flashlight is just 10cm away.

A 4W blacklight tube fluoresence stuff better, but you gotta be very close, I think a T5 based tube has much higher efficiency. A 32W spiral CFL blacklight even in a crude textured reflector would be "devastating", though somewhat "floody". Its supposed to be, hey its 32W! and its a discharge lamp(every seen those bigger/higher wattage spiral CFLs?)

It works well though, very very little visible light, and it is not purplish/violet light but rather a very very faint white slightly greenish glow. So your eyes do not get swamped by visible light output.

Its not NCSU033B definitely, not sure what's the diff...I think more UV output from the same 3W? You can get the NCSU033B in single pieces at usd150 shipped from Shenzhen UVET Co on aliexpress.
For more power, gotta get multiple pieces of the TK-566 3W (cheaper, we don't print money! LOL!), all about the same, but still relatively speaking there is really extremely little visible output, and in a fully darkened room with your eyes adapted to low light vision after 15 mins, it works great.

Maybe one day in the future, production gets low in cost enough for us to have a UV LED strip that each emitter has the quality and power of the NCSU033B!

Last edited: