What happened to Sable?

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I left them two orders on their web site this weekend and never got an acknowledgment. When I tried to call (no 800 number), I got a message from the phone company that the number was not connected. Are they still in business?

Marty

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
they're in the process of opening a new store. maybe a new phone number that isn't quite up yet?

MicroE

Enlightened
I received an order from Sable today. Don and Rob are really good guys but they are really busy.
If you deal with them you need patience.

If you need stuff in a hurry try Kevin at 1SKS or William at TTS or Bright Guy.
---Marc

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
nothing is free, it's built in the price. actually, if you ordered more than one piece you overpaid.

i only buy from lps if i need one item, usually a sf holster or lamp.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
tkl..If it was at "no charge" from Sable it's too much based on their level of non-service.

BTW, I comparison shop and the two items that I finally got from LPS was a total of $3 more than what I never got from Sable without any shipping taken into consideration.

Marty

MicroE

Enlightened
Marty---Let me know how LPS performs. It's our responsibility to the CPF community to report on vendor performance.---Marc

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
MicroE..Funny you should ask. I just now got email from LPS that my package was upgraded to USPS Priority and shipped the day of my order. I never asked for expedited shipment and this is my first order with them.

I'm impressed!

Marty

p.s. - Still haven't heard from Sable.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
William from TTS is great too. Fast service and reasonable price. He packed very well to save shipping for overseas. The only thing I might complain about is their primitive web page. You need to email him or call him to check if they carry items that are listed on their page. However, Willaim normally reply your mail in hours if not in minutes.

Alan

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
LPS always ships orders usps priority instead of ups, it's cheaper. i didn't know they were calling it an upgrade? talk about bait and switch.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
tkl..You really don't like LPS! The fact is that they came through and Sable never had the courtesy of even contacting me regarding the orders that I placed with them nearly a week ago.

There's no excuse. Continue to use them if your such a big supporter. This consumer is going elsewhere. My money is good in all 50 states.

Marty

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Marty Weiner:
tkl..You really don't like LPS! The fact is that they came through and Sable never had the courtesy of even contacting me regarding the orders that I placed with them nearly a week ago.

There's no excuse. Continue to use them if your such a big supporter. This consumer is going elsewhere. My money is good in all 50 states.

Marty
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i said i use LPS, how can i not like them?! on their site it says free ups shipping. they send your order a cheaper way and call it an upgrade? they have no intention of sending it any other way, in effect lieing to you.

I like LPS but doing what they're supposed to is not a measure of customer service. when something goes wrong, is when you'll see what their made of. something did go wrong with one of my orders and a simple phone call would have remedied it. nobody made that call. i had to call them. i've since given them another chance. if it happens again, this consumer will go elsewhere cause mine is green in all 50 states too.
grin.gif

i'm not a big sableco supporter, they were too big for their own good BEFORE they expanded. they're good folks but they're too busy
to take care of us.

.....stepping off my soapbox to go find size15 and razz him about his surefire obsession.....
wink.gif
grin.gif
yellowlaugh.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

LOL, too funny. tkl, your so inconsistant.....kind of makes me wonder if you get a rise out of creating havok!
yellowlaugh.gif
yellowlaugh.gif