What is a good flashlight for $60

Theknifereviewer

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to buy a new light i want to spend about $60. What are some good lights for around that price thanks. What do you think about the nitecore EX11?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF. This is a good question, but broad. Tell us how you plan to use the light, what size, what battery type, etc.

My favorite lights in that price range are some of the quarks & some of the zebralights.

Quarks - ClickHere
Zebralights - ClickHere

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy with the Nitecore D10 and Ex10 that I own, from what I hear the Ex11 has 200 lumens, which is still competitive with single cell lights.
Quark cr123 r5 is good and in your price range, the Thrunite Neutron 1C is $60, I have one on the way as I don't own any XML lights yet, it'll be my first.

Theknifereviewer

Newly Enlightened
Welcome to CPF. This is a good question, but broad. Tell us how you plan to use the light, what size, what battery type, etc.

My favorite lights in that price range are some of the quarks & some of the zebralights.

Quarks - ClickHere
Zebralights - ClickHere

Thanks for the welcome my old account got lost in the big mess up. As for size I want a light i can EDC and battery really dont matter

Theknifereviewer

Newly Enlightened
I'm happy with the Nitecore D10 and Ex10 that I own, from what I hear the Ex11 has 200 lumens, which is still competitive with single cell lights.
Quark cr123 r5 is good and in your price range, the Thrunite Neutron 1C is $60, I have one on the way as I don't own any XML lights yet, it'll be my first.

I had the C1 I did not like that light I sold it and bought the Jetbeam BC10 which I love And for 4sevens i love there lights i have the mini CR2 and mini 123 i love them how many lumen are the Quark 123

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Battery type dictates size, how big can the flashlight be and you still edc it comfortably, that's why battery size is asked.
It helps give a size/type of light to suggest

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't mind twisties, the Fenix PD10 is a very nice pocketable light, ITP makes a single cell cr123 light. It's nice for a budget light

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have EDC'd AA type lights, cr123 type lights & AAA sizes as well for years. I like each of them but like the size of the AA lights the best. My criteria is that the light needs to be at or under 4 inches long. The AA size lights fits well, and feel better in my hand. I have EDC'd a Fenix P1D, PD20, P2D, LD10, a Quark 123, a Quark AA, a Zebralight SC30, SC51, and even SC60 a little. My current & favorite EDC is a Quark AA with the R5 LED, regular UI, deep carry pocket clip, tactical switch, and I run it on a 14500 (200 lumens.) I also EDC (as my backup light) a Fenix LD01 (AAA battery) on my keychain.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
ITP are good for the price, there nothing fancy, I have a lanyard on mine. I'm sure someones done a review, ive had one for 4 months, I only carry it on weekends. So far it's great

Q8iGunner

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind 2*123 then check out the ShiningBeam S-mini 46$ for the neutral white XG-P
Can use 1*18650 or 2*123's. Very nice IMO, will be my next light.

Theknifereviewer

Newly Enlightened
I have EDC'd AA type lights, cr123 type lights & AAA sizes as well for years. I like each of them but like the size of the AA lights the best. My criteria is that the light needs to be at or under 4 inches long. The AA size lights fits well, and feel better in my hand. I have EDC'd a Fenix P1D, PD20, P2D, LD10, a Quark 123, a Quark AA, a Zebralight SC30, SC51, and even SC60 a little. My current & favorite EDC is a Quark AA with the R5 LED, regular UI, deep carry pocket clip, tactical switch, and I run it on a 14500 (200 lumens.) I also EDC (as my backup light) a Fenix LD01 (AAA battery) on my keychain.

Ill take a look at some AA lights I have mostly cr123a lights so i would have to but rechargeable AA batteries for it but its a thought.

Theknifereviewer

Newly Enlightened
If you don't mind 2*123 then check out the ShiningBeam S-mini 46$ for the neutral white XG-P
Can use 1*18650 or 2*123's. Very nice IMO, will be my next light.

Is that light a clicky I looked on there website and they dont have many pictures? and is shiningbeam any good thanks?

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill take a look at some AA lights I have mostly cr123a lights so i would have to but rechargeable AA batteries for it but its a thought.

With that in mind, save your money & stick with rcr123 lights so you don't have to buy new batteries as well. If I were buying a new 123 light today it'd be the HDS Rotary.

By the way, what did you not like about the Thrunite C1? I don't own it, but have been thinking about buying one of their new lights.

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened
If you can find a few extra pennies, the ZebraLight SC60W. is fantastic; it takes an 18650 cell, so it may not suit on that count but in all other areas it is a fantastic performer and a great size to EDC. I love mine and can't wait for the High CRI. version to come out.

Good Luck.

Theknifereviewer

Newly Enlightened
The C1 IMO felt very cheaply made and the tint was a kind of purple tint do me a favor if you were going to get the C1 save your money and get the jetbeam BC10 you can get it from going gear for $36 with coupon code GGCPF10 the BC10 is very well built IMO its a Very Very good light way better then the C1.

Theknifereviewer

Newly Enlightened
If you can find a few extra pennies, the ZebraLight SC60W. is fantastic; it takes an 18650 cell, so it may not suit on that count but in all other areas it is a fantastic performer and a great size to EDC. I love mine and can't wait for the High CRI. version to come out.

Good Luck.

The C1 IMO felt very cheaply made and the tint was a kind of purple tint do me a favor if you were going to get the C1 save your money and get the jetbeam BC10 you can get it from going gear for $36 with coupon code GGCPF10 the BC10 is very well built IMO its a Very Very good light way better then the C1.