Lights that can use p60 style pills not the whole drop-in.

daguy80

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering if there are any other flashlights that accept the little p60 style pill that is screwed into the reflector. The only light I know of is the Dereelight DBS that accepts those pills. Are there any other lights out there that would accept those little pills?

ykb

Newly Enlightened
Someone else posted this first but I can't find the thread. MX Power ML-360 (takes 1x CR123A size cell) can use the MC-E drop-in pill, both found on DX. The host is really thin and small, and gets hot quickly.
Most of the other pills I have don't fit, unfortunately.

daguy80

Newly Enlightened
Any lights that would allow me to just screw in the pill like the Dereelight DBS. I think modding might me to hard for me to do because I don't have the proper tools.

daguy80

Newly Enlightened
I think you guys are misunderstanding what I am asking so let me try to clear it up a little more. I already have a solarforce l2 p60 host. I am not looking for a p60 host. The p60 dropins come with the pill and then the reflector. The pill is screwed into the reflector. The DBS has a reflector that would allow me to screw in the p60 pill. The DBS reflector is not a p60 reflector but has the same threads. I was wondering if any other flashlight has a reflector or body that will thread with the pill. The reason why I was asking is because I wanted to get more throw out of my p60 pills, but due to the small and shallow reflector throw is limited.

onetrickpony

Enlightened
I think you guys are misunderstanding what I am asking so let me try to clear it up a little more. I already have a solarforce l2 p60 host. I am not looking for a p60 host. The p60 dropins come with the pill and then the reflector. The pill is screwed into the reflector. The DBS has a reflector that would allow me to screw in the p60 pill. The DBS reflector is not a p60 reflector but has the same threads. I was wondering if any other flashlight has a reflector or body that will thread with the pill. The reason why I was asking is because I wanted to get more throw out of my p60 pills, but due to the small and shallow reflector throw is limited.

You may want to look into turbo heads. I think solarforce in fact makes a few of them, as well as others. It's basically just a big ol honkin head and reflector that will mount on the body you already have. Kind of fun stuff. Not sure about just using the pill in another light, unless you're ready to take the leap into unknown territory, aka you may end up with a light that sucks or doesn't work at all after hours and hours of working on it.

Have fun, isn't this place great?