Will the LSL-S be worse than a KL1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev1-1

Enlightened
I know that there is alot of variation...but in terms of whiteness/brightness am I likely (as a general rule) to find that an Arc LSL-S is worse than my SureFire KL1?

Alan Hsu

Enlightened
I'll say my ARC LSL-P and SF KL1 are about the same whiteness (purpleness)/brightness. I'm not sure about the -S version though.

Byron Walter

Enlightened
Depends on how good your KL1 is. I have two KL1s and one is pretty dim while the other is very bright (but both do the job). If the price on the LSL-S is low enough I would go for it since it has the best form factor of any of the single CR123 one watters out there. Well actually I wouldn't go for it because I'd get another LS2-S or P which I feel are the best in their class.

Just spend the money so you can be poor like the rest of us!

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the KL1's I've seen have a purplish beam color. I've seen some really bright ones (mine) and dimmer ones. However, they're all consistently blue-ish/purple-ish in color. Don't have much experience with Arc LSL-S to make a comparison, but I'd say the LSL-P's are probably on par in terms of brightness, probably better in color too than the KL1. As far as pocketability, Arc can't be beat.

CM

rickdm

Newly Enlightened
I think it will all come down to the great LED lottery. My frame of reference are two LSL-S, a BB400 Q3 and a KL-1. All purchashed in the last two months.

The BB400 is the whitest of the lot, the LSL'a are a little brighter and quite a bit bluer, and the KL-1 is a little brighter than the LSL's and a little less blue. In terms of overall quality of light I would pick the KL-1 (I think I got lucky with this one), but they are all very close and the size of the LSL more than overcomes slight brightness issues.

Rick

Penguin

Enlightened
My KL1 has a purpleish tone but it's brighter than my LSH-P! I was kinda dissapointed with my LSH-P /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif But it's grown on me and It's my favorite EDC. So it all depends on your luck with the LSL. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.