What would cause my M61W to get noticeably dimmer?

shane45_1911

Enlightened
I have never over-heated the module. I have probably only 50 hrs. total runtime on it.
It has never been dropped, abused or otherwise mishandled. Batteries are fresh. Same results moving the module to another host, or trying different batteries - still very dim for an M61W. It used to be much brighter than it is now...

It is only putting out about 100 lm when white-wall comparing it to my M61WLL (rated for just under 100 lm). My M61W used to be several times brighter than my M61WLL, but this is no longer the case.

Last edited:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a faulty driver assuming there are no contact issues with the hosts or switches, and the batteries are good as you say they are. If it is faulty, Gene will promptly take care of you so no worries.

Viper715

Enlightened
Make sure everything is clean and making good contact. Check the amperage at the tailcap if you have that ability. If all is as it should be and the problem persists just contact malkoff devices directly and Gene will certainly take care of you.

Best Regard,
Eric

shane45_1911

Enlightened
LOL - good one!!!!! ;)

Thanks for the suggestions guys, but it appears this is one those ultra-rare cases of a Malkoff-gone-bad. This specific module exhibits the same (dim) symptoms regardless of what host I try it in...

I have no doubt this is a fluke issue and I know I will be well taken care of.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Outstanding customer service...:twothumbs

shane45, you see what's the problem here... you need TWO M61W... you can actually never have enough of M61(W/WL/WLL/L/LL)'s...

shane45_1911

Enlightened
Outstanding customer service

I was never worried about that!!!! :)

And don't fret Tana - I have several M61's / M61W's / M61WLL's at my disposal - so this extremely rare occurence of a Malkoff-down will not inconvenience me in the least.

Gene - Sarah from Oveready has already contacted me to send the module back there (as I actually purchased the module from them). All you need to do is keep up with the demand on this spectacular product. Best regards Gene, and thanks for your response. :)

Thanks all - you guys rock!!!!

Last edited: