Tiablo A9 Collimator head on different lights?

seven11

Newly Enlightened
I'm just curious to see if anyone has tried to use the A9 collimator head on a different LED light and if the threads were the same? I have a cheap Ultrafire 900 from Brinyte that I'd like to see if the collimator head will screw on to but I don't know the thread size of the A9 collimator head. Anyone able to give me the specs on the A9 threads?

seven11

Newly Enlightened
I just spoke with the guys at Tiablo lights and was unsuccessful in getting the thread size, but they did say something interesting about the A9. I ordered the A9 with the R5 that produces 280 lumens. I also ordered the collimator head for it as well. But, the guys at Tiablo said I would get better throw with the Q5 version that produces 256 lumens. Does it make sense that lower lumens would throw farther simply due to the effects of the collimator head? Or am I missing something?

pyro

Enlightened
Yes it makes perfect sense.
The XR-E Led used in the 256 lumens version has less overall light, but the light source is also smaller.
The surface brightness is higher, and surface brightness is important for throw.

Look herefor a review that shows the difference.

Throwjunkie

Enlightened
+1 What Pyro said.
I have the A9 aspherical and the DBS Aspherical havent tried the head on any of my other lights. Will have to check that out.

Joe

seven11

Newly Enlightened
In the words of Gru (Despicable Me) "Lightbulb!". Thanks pyro, that does make perfect sense. You have taught a young grasshopper well. :)