Triple-head LED flashlight on Fringe

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody here watch Fringe? There was an episode where a triple headed LED flashlight was employed. Very cool design. I don't know if this was something conjured up for the series or a real flashlight. Anybody here know? :eek:

FlashlightTriple-head.jpg

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Yes indeed! Thank you for that. Before I posted, I did take a look around at few brands, but didn't expect Fenix would have something like this. Most TV shows tend to use Surefire. Nifty light throwing 760 lumens. I'll have to browse through the TK45 threads. :)

mellowman

Newly Enlightened
It is used by the Fringe division guys in the parallel universe. The ones in this universe use surefire.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
^ Yes, you're right. The segment where Alt-Olivia and Lincoln Lee are searching for someone is where we get the best looks at it.

brandocommando

Enlightened
Yup, pretty cool, it was also mentioned in this thread about a week ago.
They are awesome lights and can run at full output without any major overheating problems. I am only selling mine to help fund a pretty expensive quad I want.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know, when we watched that episode, I thought to myself:

"Wow! That looks like the Fenix Something-Something-Something light! I wonder how many other CPF'ers are watching this and thinking the same thing!"

And now, I know...:)...

Sh3ngLong

Newly Enlightened
Me and my friends were watching that episode the other week and one of them said to me "Since you seem to know a lot about flashlights, then what flashlight is that they're using??" I answered, "Oh that's the Fenix TK45 with triple XP-G LEDs." They all started laughing, thinking I was just messing around or something. Then one of them went on their iPad to verify my answer and they laughed even harder after they realized I wasn't joking. Haha! :laughing:

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
When I read this thread I thought I would only see this program in a years time in my country. Well I was wrong, it broadcasted last night and was it not nice to see that part which I thought I might never see.

Ps, she should have used it on turbo, then she would not have stepped on the bug:D

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me and my friends were watching that episode the other week and one of them said to me "Since you seem to know a lot about flashlights, then what flashlight is that they're using??" I answered, "Oh that's the Fenix TK45 with triple XP-G LEDs." They all started laughing, thinking I was just messing around or something. Then one of them went on their iPad to verify my answer and they laughed even harder after they realized I wasn't joking. Haha! :laughing:
Hahaha, that is great. I also think it is hilarious that this light is being used in a tactical situation, the side buttons and size don't seem very practical (although the output sure does).

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I correct in saying that both people are armed with FN 5-7's? If they are, either the 5-7 pistol is bigger than I had thought, or they are both short, with small hands...

checkmate

Newly Enlightened
I just saw this episode in the UK and had a very similar experience to Sh3ngLong.
I told my housemate "You may find this a bit geeky, but I know the name of the torches they're using...Fenix TK45s" He laughed at me and immediately texted another friend to tell him!

It's a running joke that I'm a Torch-Geek but I don't mind [hides face].

I like that it's not all Maglites on TV shows, like in the 'old days'!