Experience with Eagletac p20c2 running 17670

mountaindrew

Newly Enlightened
I am considering purchasing a p20c2, but I have searched the web and found very little info concerning performance of 17670 rechargeable in the Eagletac lights. Unlike my Quark, input voltage range is listed nowhere I can find. I have read it is possible, but not how well it works.

My current carry light is a Quark aa2 Warm with a 1232 body, running 17670, and I really dont want to buy primaries or use multi li-ion setup.

Also, what is the best vendor to purchase from? A search of the forum only brings up old posts directing to the defunct 4-sevens eagletac store. I want to be able to buy the light, and drop in module at the same place. ( I want the cool and the neutral white )

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hello mountaindrew,
Welcome to CPF :welcome:
The P20C2 is designed with the same Light Engine as the T20 and will handle the lower voltage of a 17670 and should run regulated for quite some time. Make sure you use a button top battery as the reverse polarity protection is physical and will not support a flattop cell. I think some AW batteries work but I can not confirm this. EagleTac hopefully will have a battery available sometime this year. Authorized dealers can be found on the Eagletac website and most have good reputations here.

EagleTac Website Dealer Link:
http://www.eagletac.com/dealers.html#United States

Last edited:

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
I used to run AW 17670's in my P20C2mkII and it seemed to be of a similar brightness to 2 x 123's. I had plenty of 17670's to swap over so I never had to let it run flat enough to know about runtime.

Now I've gone one bigger and am running my P20C2mkII on an 18650, seems to go forever.

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
Aussie ingenuity, we can fix anything with fencing wire and string......

The 18650 doesn't fit the original eagletac battery tube, I'm using a tube from another brand of torch on it which then also gave me the ability to fit a deep pocket carry nitecore clip. Best of all worlds. Expensive way to do it but I had the other torch sitting around doing nothing.

lebox97

Enlightened
oh??? do tell!

advantage of the 18650 cell over the 17670 is almost double the runtime -
advantage of the T20C2 over the P20C2 is more throw due to the deeper reflector (and about 10 additional LED module choices)

:wave:
Cheers
Tod

Aussie ingenuity, we can fix anything with fencing wire and string......

The 18650 doesn't fit the original eagletac battery tube, I'm using a tube from another brand of torch on it which then also gave me the ability to fit a deep pocket carry nitecore clip. Best of all worlds. Expensive way to do it but I had the other torch sitting around doing nothing.