2 Mode LED Drop-in

AIC

Newly Enlightened
I've been eyeing up the Surefire G2X Pro, specifically for the UI and the Nitrolon, but I don't really need another flashlight.

So I'm wondering if anyone here knows of any P60 drop-ins with a similar UI, two mode, Low then High with no memory, and isn't driven till near death as I would like to put it in my G2 and/or G3.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

AIC

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing there is no drop-in that matches what I want...

The closest I have found has been the Lumens Factory 3 mode module. Would be great If it didn't have the memory feature.
Does any one have experience with the latest LF module?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fluecero might be offering to build or sell him one, in which case a pm is more appropriate.
Nailbender and VinhNyugen make good dropins too.

bfksc

Newly Enlightened
Fluecero might be offering to build or sell him one, in which case a pm is more appropriate.
Nailbender and VinhNyugen make good dropins too.
For sales info sure, a PM is proper procedure and I get that. But general info about custom dropins should be posted for the education of all.

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
I, too, would be interested in a two-mode, no-memory module, but I don't know where to get one. For some reason, no-memory seems fairly common from the manufacturers, but rare from the custom builders.

The EDC+ drop-ins are (I think) no-memory, but those are three-mode.

Last edited:

odd

Newly Enlightened
KD offers a thier "V2" driver which has no memory on default.
Just google vor "KD 4x7135 V2 LED Driver 1520mA 17mm", htey also have 6x, 8x and 10x 7135 versions available.

I like this driver alot, but the low is really low (3-5mA). However, it seems that KD will program a higher low on request.

AIC

Newly Enlightened
KD offers a thier "V2" driver which has no memory on default.
Just google vor "KD 4x7135 V2 LED Driver 1520mA 17mm", htey also have 6x, 8x and 10x 7135 versions available.

I like this driver alot, but the low is really low (3-5mA). However, it seems that KD will program a higher low on request.

Would I just contact KD through the website? I have a drop-in from DX that this may fit in. Could be a cheap alternative to a custom build. Do you know if these drivers are low mode first?

Edit* Nevermind, I see that it only supports 1x li-ion.

Last edited:

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the LF module, I got it in the light I got from LF to replace my G2 that disappeared. I really like it! The beam is a wonder to behold - Absolutely smooth and artifact free. I also like the tint. The low mode could be a little lower but is acceptable, the medium is good, and the high is nice and bright. The reflector is a little longer than in the LF HO-6 module that I had in the G2, and really throws well. I haven't found the memory to be an issue, but so far I haven't used it in a tactical setting. All in all, I am well pleased with the module (the flashlight too but that isn't under discussion here).

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Yes, looks like vinhnguyen54 sells a 2-mode, no-memory, HI/LO; Nailbender does not sell any modules without memory, per a PM I received from him when I asked awhile back.

Thanks for the info.

Latest posts