• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Surefire L4 - WW mod, bored for 17670 **Another Drop**

ecallahan

Enlightened
Surefire L4 - WW mod, bored for 17670 **SPF**

Up for sale is one of my favorite lights, that unfortunately has not seen much use from me, I've relegated it to 'closet queen' status, and it deserves better than that. It is in excellent shape, with a ding on the inner retaining ring in the tailcap, I've tried to capture this in the pics.

The beam is warm white, around 4000K, much brighter than a stock L4, with a little bit of a hotspot. I find it just the right combination of the extreme flood of the L4, with the added benefit of a little bit of a hotspot. The tube is expertly bored and polished.

Surefire L4 WW mod by AaronM with bored/polished tube $190 $185 $180 $175 $170$165 **SPF**
  • Beautifully bored and polished tube by mfrey to fit 17670
  • Clicky tailcap
  • Head is expertly modded by AaronM with JE-5 MC-E
  • Huge increase in brightness and nice warm white tint
  • Stock driver gives you about 1 hour runtime on 2xcr123
  • Can use 1x17670 or 2xcr123
  • Legendary Surefire quality
  • Custom heatsink
140.jpg

139.jpg

138.jpg

137.jpg

I will ship USPS Priority Mail, with Delivery Confirmation, included in the price listed, CONUS only. Paypal only, I will eat any fees

The first 'I'll Take It' posted in this thread gets the light.

Thank you for looking!

Last edited:

ecallahan

Enlightened
Re: Surefire L4 - NW mod, bored for 17670 **Price Drop**

Price Drop. This is a great setup. Let me know if you have any questions.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Very nice price on a AaronM built light. FREE BUMP.:D

Just an FYI: Aaron does some of the most amazing heatsinks for these lights. He also makes the beams pretty dam good for these MC-E by etching the MC-E emitter as you see in the pictures.

ecallahan

Enlightened

Thanks. I should also mention the head/driver were brand new when modded. The bore and polish job on the tube is some outstanding work.

Very nice price on a AaronM built light. FREE BUMP.:D

Just an FYI: Aaron does some of the most amazing heatsinks for these lights. He also makes the beams pretty dam good for these MC-E by etching the MC-E emitter as you see in the pictures.

ecallahan

Enlightened

I'm surprised this isn't selling, it really is a super setup. Warm white tint, big increase in brightness with the MC-E, ability to use 17670 cell.

Drop to $180

ecallahan

Enlightened

Another price drop on this excellent package.

ecallahan

Enlightened

Anyone have ideas as to the lack of interest in this light? I was thinking this was going to be a hot seller.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees

It's not for lack of it being a great light. I think many people view the MC-E as outdated and are gravitating towards the XM-L. The L4 circuit naturally works well with the MC-E though, and the tint of the LED in this light is fantastic. The 4-die MC-E can produce doughnut holes and lacks throw, but in the L4 it makes for a beautiful floody wall of light that L4 fans will appreciate. This is a substantial upgrade from the stock L4 folks!

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anyone have ideas as to the lack of interest in this light? I was thinking this was going to be a hot seller.
There's probably something in what mudman cj has to say. But if an LED performs, then it performs. :shrug: If I didn't already own two MC-E modded L4's I'd be on this as it is quite a clean mod and the price is extremely reasonable. This is the premier L4/E2 modification for "wall of light," IMO, and I've owned a few L4 stock and modded. In other words, it is an enhancement that stays true to the L4's original design intent. Perhaps the fact that it is single-mode is holding folks back. Well, one of mine is single and the other is a three-speed so I guess the solution is to buy this and get your levels elsewhere. I mean, really, what self respecting flashaholic only carries one light? ;)

Wilkey

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have a J-bin MC-E from Milky that is oh so pleasing to the eye, i don't think alot of people know how nice this one is.

ecallahan

Enlightened
Pulling this one out of the depths, with another price drop. With Priority Mail shipping, you could have it by Saturday most likely!

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant believe this hasn't sold.

FYI: AaronM with JE-5 MC-E is the KING of making these E-series heatsinks. There is arguably anybody that can do it better then him. Plus; he has all the skills and equipment to do custom builds.

Free Bump and congrats to the new buyer (when it sells of course) cause you are getting one of the best put together E-bezels.

machtig

Newly Enlightened
I don't know what the post above me means, but....

:takeit:

PM me so I know its still available and I'll pay promptly