Flashlight/ Recharge in Car

afdk

Newly Enlightened
:thinking: How about flashlights that can be recharged in your car. How many are there? Of course I mean flashlights that can use your Cigarette lighter receptacle.

Imon

Enlightened
Off the top of my head...

Maglite Magcharger
Pelican 7060
Streamlight Stinger

:candle:
Guess I don't know much about this area.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just about any Surefire minus the L, E, and M Series.

I have three B65 Chargers (that work in either a wall out-let or a cigarette lighter socket) and 5 Surefires set-up to use them:

1 G2-OD w/ P60
1 6P w/ M60LF
1 6PL w/ KL3
1 9Z w/ KX4-BK
1 G2-BK w/ M60L

There are ways to get to use the other lights but they wouldn't be anywhere near stock (i.e. I could put a B65 in an M4 with a Z19 and Z20 and A20 and run an N1 lamp in it for example)

Portable, reliable, rechargeability, and reliable lights to go with it!

Plenty

Last edited:

FLT MEDIC

Newly Enlightened
It's better to have a car charger for your flashlight batteries like the RCR123, 16340, 18650, etc. instead of a charger for the whole flashlight in the car like my Stinger XT. Made an spare/extra 3-cell sub-C NiCD battery and installed a homebrew charger for the Stinger XT, instead of installing its charging cradle in the car. When the Stinger XT's batteries go weak, I take out the original sub-C battery and charge it in the homebrew charger. I then put the spare sub-C battery into the Stinger XT so I can use it immediately, no down time due to charging.

With today's RCR123, 16340, 18650 powered flashlights, we can buy a car battery charger that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket so when the batteries in the flashlight go weak, we just put the weak batteries in the car charger and then put the fully charged spare batteries into the flashlight for non-stop use.