Where can I get a liteflux Lf2xt

Lolaralph

Enlightened
Like the title says, I want to buy a liteflux, preferably a cool white version. The only place I saw them was eliteled, but they are out of stock, anyone know of anywhere else, I thought I saw a CPF'er sell them at one time, but I can't find anything now, any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am fairly certain you will only be able to buy them used. There was a whole thread about Liteflux in December but that was lost in the CPF crash. As I recall, Liteflux was pretty much just a hobby for the owner and they are no longer manufacturing anything. Perhaps somebody else can chime in but I think that is the sum of the info as I recall it.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are usually no less than a half-dozen "WTB LF2XT" threads active on CPF at any given time. Some people have been bumping these threads for years. Needless to say, it's a rather rare light and the aftermarket is quite competitive. Good luck!

AaronG

Enlightened
If you trade your first born child and a little cash you could probably convince a fellow forum member to sell you a used one! Seriously though I contacted the guy that sells them a while back and there are no more anytime soon :(

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's just a cool little pocket sized light - with a clicky interface, ramping, and a great beam. Depending on the emitter you get, may be warm - may throw - may be floody. I have a Special Edition and a regular one (in natural.) Both have XRE emitters (It think) and both are very neutral. They are absolutely among my favorite lights - and I never "got it" until I "got them". Both of mine (although the SE stays in the case most of the time) run on AW 10440 batteries, and I measure 100 lumen on high out of both. Mine are programmed stock, and they come on at a level of around 40 lumen, press-hold - 100 lumen - press-press - moonlight mode.

When I am dressed in a suit for work, the little light just 'disappears' into my suit pocket, but when I need it, it provides outstanding illumination.

They do pop up - you just gotta be diligent. I won't ever sell either of mine, though!

Last edited:

hazna

Enlightened
does it have PWM or inductor whine? I seem to remember these being some complaints in the past, but I can't remember...

beerwax

Enlightened
a nice beam with no sharp hot spot, just wonderful. just illuminates everything nicely. (i find a sharp hot spot hurts my eyes). not much else comes close. then theres the first rate finish (just feels nice )and all the programming and the option to run it as a 2 mode.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
If I stick mine in my ear I can just barely hear some whine at higher levels. There is no perceptible PWM, though I believe it is used, just at a very high frequency.

Geoff

st_burt

Newly Enlightened
I've been thinking for a while now that it's time for the people behind LiteFlux to sell their company to someone who has the resources to make the electronic component they need. It's so strange to have one component, with a high minimum order quantity, derail such a popular light. There are so many people on CPF who want to buy LF2XTs that it seems like an obvious investment for a flashlight company, and considering that LiteFlux isn't making flashlights at the moment, it seems like they should be willing to sell.

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, if I had to say what light is closest to the usefullness of my LF2XT, I would say it is my Preon Revo's. Not programmable in any way, but very well (as in WIDE) spaced 3 level light. Actually smaller than the LF2XT, and brighter at the high level. At least equally well made, and AVAILABLE, although only in stainless as I write this. Worth a look to tide you over until you can find an LF2XT, or it might even make you lose the bug.

+ 1 for LF to come back to the market, with a AA version to match the LF2XT.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine whines slightly, if close to medium mode, when using nimh. Dead quiet on 10440.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being at the right place at the right time ;)

I snagged my one on another forum, I just brought it to see what all the fuss
was about. Played with it for a couple of minutes .... the UI is very complicated :eek:
Did not like it, I prefer my Maratac stainless AAA :D and left it sitting on my desk.

Later on I answered a WTB thread over at the MP

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2, a natural and a black bodied one, and won't part with either of them. They both have neutral looking beams in use. I can not foresee anything taking it's place for quite some time to come. They do everything and then some when it comes to a small EDC pocketable light. It has more features than any other light. My favorite feature is probably the 3 min auto off. Just drop it in your pocket and no need to worry about accidental activation. That feature, of course, can quickly be temporarily disabled, or completely disabled if so desired.

I know someone else who is looking for availability again and would probably buy 2! Heck, I could possibly get another one myself! :D

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being at the right place at the right time ;)

I snagged my one on another forum, I just brought it to see what all the fuss
was about. Played with it for a couple of minutes .... the UI is very complicated :eek:
Did not like it, I prefer my Maratac stainless AAA :D and left it sitting on my desk.

Later on I answered a WTB thread over at the MP
A couple of minutes!!?? :ohgeez: You didn't give it a chance! Did you do the same thing the first time you used a computer? It's kinda the same thing. There's a learning curve to understanding the complexity. Once conquered, from then on, it's all bliss! :twothumbs

Hiro Protagonist

Enlightened
It took me several months of looking before I got my first one. It's my favorite light and I have a few that I rotate for EDC. I've snagged several from CPF Marketplace over the past few months. Just dumb luck on my part.

As much as I like my LF2XTs, the last 4 that I bought off CPF went to friends on here with another 1 or 2 already spoken for. It's nice to see others enjoy using these lights too. Good luck!

Last edited:

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 3 of these little gems. One has a trit clicky. I bought #2 and #3 after I heard they were going out of production. One of them is in my pocket all day. Handy, easy to use, and reliable. If you ever have trouble with one, just tighten the pill!