Who makes single cr123 titanium flashlights?

thom1960

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a single cr123 titanium small pocket light. Been searching but not having much luck. Something similar to the Jetbeam TCR2 or Sunwayman V10R. Also, do they (titanium) hold up well in a pocket exposed to keys and change? I would expect some wear, but would hope they would keep their looks longer than aluminum. Also not looking to spend a small fortune, preferably in the $100-$150 range, or less would be good! Any ideas?

srfreddy

Enlightened
I came here going to say V10R, but lets see... there aren't that many. Mac makes Titanium SST-50 EDCS and Tri-EDC's, but those are way above your budget. Honestly, I can't think of any besides the V10R.

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
I think most manufacturers produce small runs of Titanium lights at any given time so you have to keep that in mind when looking for them. I picked up a 4Sevens Mini 123 XPG-R5 Titanium around Nov last year and it's a great little single 123 pocket light. Mine is the polished TI finish but it also came in brushed TI as well and there was an option to get a S2 bin as well. In terms of finish they do get scratched but not as badly as aluminum and they tend to easily buff out with some quality metal polish. The only drawbacks to a TI light are the threads tend to be a little gritty compared to aluminum and because TI is not as efficient a heat conductor as aluminum they get hot very quickly running on high mode.

Last edited:

rich297

Newly Enlightened
The V10R is the only titanium single cr123 light that I'm aware of in your price range, either new or used. The Mac lights mentioned by srfreddy above are at the next price point, about double your quoted range. If you have your sight set on a titanium light, you're going to have to open your wallet a little wider.

Titanium lights are more resistant to nicks and gouges than bare aluminum, but they will develop surface scratches if sharing a pocket with keys and other metallic objects. Some people like that look; I do not. My lights are carried in a pocket alone or a holster to keep them scratch-free.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Olight made the Olight Transformer Set at around $135. It had the Olight TC15 in Titanium, with the CR123A and AA body tubes, a red and a white diffuser.
Then you move to the JetBeam's and Sunwaymans and others but they start to move out of the price mentioned.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix PD10 Titan is a single cr123 light, I bought mine for $105 retail. I seen one in the CPF marketplace for $115.
It's a great little light, the ui has it always start on medium. High is 180 lumens and it has an op reflector.
I pocket carry on weekends and the finish holds up very well. I've owned it since November

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight Ti infinitum, Quark Ti 123 Tac, Quark Mini Ti 123, Fenix PD10 Ti.

IMG_9197Small.jpg

Last edited:

thom1960

Newly Enlightened
Wow! Lot's of nice ti lights out there. Might have to stretch the budget a little. Now to find someplace that actually has something in stock.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Titanium lights are usual special editions or custom lights.
Here are a couple of special editions Ti CR123 lights I have collected over the last few years:
DSC_6680.jpg

carrot

Flashaholic
McGizmo makes single CR123 titanium flashlights... his lights are my favorite... they are the best... but not cheap.

I think Endeavour also still makes the Aeon in titanium... they are CR2 so even better to put on your keys. They are positively TINY.

thom1960

Newly Enlightened
I think I'll start with a V10R ti and work my way up. Supposedly they will be available mid April

apurva

Newly Enlightened
Titanium lights are usual special editions or custom lights.
Here are a couple of special editions Ti CR123 lights I have collected over the last few years:
DSC_6680.jpg

Beautiful collection! Whats the second light from the left?

recDNA

Flashaholic
The V10R is the only titanium single cr123 light that I'm aware of in your price range, either new or used. The Mac lights mentioned by srfreddy above are at the next price point, about double your quoted range. If you have your sight set on a titanium light, you're going to have to open your wallet a little wider.

Titanium lights are more resistant to nicks and gouges than bare aluminum, but they will develop surface scratches if sharing a pocket with keys and other metallic objects. Some people like that look; I do not. My lights are carried in a pocket alone or a holster to keep them scratch-free.

I sold a used Quark 123 titanium in the Marketplace with the OP's price range. They pop up every once in a while although it seems that the 2 X CR123 model pops up more often. I must admit I don't find the scratches at all east to remove. Lots of elbow grease.

eljuez

Newly Enlightened
Fenix PD10 Titan is a single cr123 light, I bought mine for $105 retail. I seen one in the CPF marketplace for $115.
It's a great little light, the ui has it always start on medium. High is 180 lumens and it has an op reflector.
I pocket carry on weekends and the finish holds up very well. I've owned it since November

+1