• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: XM-L Pocket Power! Now ONLY 69$

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey all,

Here are the specs on my latest.

Tank 007 Type III hard anodized cr123 host
XM-L T6 emitter
3 mode driver Low Med High (2.8A max)

This light is has a twisty head UI and does a great tail stand. Its powered by 1x IMR 16340 (not included)

For the beam shots first up is my Quark AA2 on Turbo.

Tank XM-L on high

This little guy also has one more trick up its sleeve. Besides doing a great tail stand its also magnetic. There is a super strong neodymium magnet in the tail so you can attach it to things.

Here is a shot in the cab of my truck.

It would also be great under the hood of a car or many other applications.:D

Price is 89$>79$>69$ shipped!SOLD

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: XM-L Pocket Power! 3/30 edition

I cant believe this is not in the mail on the way to someones home yet. Another great lookijng little mod. Good luck with your sale.

recDNA

Flashaholic

Any idea of runtime?

How long on high before too hot?

How long on medium before too hot? I would hope to use medium most of the time.

Is there any chance that the magnet could move and short out the IMR battery?

This is a really nice mod...I just wish there were an 18350 sized body...but you can't have everything!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi recDNA,

I would estimate the runtime on and IMR cell on high to be about 12-14 min. On med runtime would be around 30 min, and low would be just under 4 hours.

On high the light will get hot pretty quickly, I would say at about the 4-5 min mark is gonna burn ya. Medium heat should not be to big of an issue.

The magnet is incased inside the tail cap complementary separate from the battery.

Barbarian

Enlightened

That is a lot of lumens for a very cheap price.

BVH

Flashaholic

SOLD! I'll take it.

:paypal:

This looks to be around the size of the Quark Mini123 - about 2 3/8" long. Close? (Found it - 2.7")

What are the emiter Lumens at 2.8 A and any idea what net Lumens are?

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

BVH, I got your payment and I will try to have your light out your light Monday, but no later than Tues.

Going straight off the chart @2.8A XM-L T6 puts out 868 lumens.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Glad you sold this one as your mods are very useful...Keep up the great work. I know the buyer will be very satisfied.

BVH

Flashaholic

Thanks, Vest... I forget what my Quark Mini123 is doing on an RCR123...maybe 225 Lumens? (180 OTF on non-rechargeable) So I'm excited to see a significant difference. Run time is not important to me as I use my lights for short bursts and usually change out the cell every other day whether it needs it or not. I am very attentive to the heat factor since I go against the recommendations and use an RCR cell for overdrive.

I don't follow LED's as close as HID's. Does the XM-L tend to be a "flood" LED relative to the R5 in my 123?

Last edited:

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes the XM-L is more flood, but there is definitely a hot spot with this. Also even though this light is classed as a flood, that is not to say shadows at 80 yards are safe from its reach. The hot spot compared to an R5 XPG is about 2x as big around.

It would be a good idea to use an IMR 16340 in this light rather than a standard RCR123 because of the high current demand. 1.5A is the max recommended spec for standard li-ion and out the gate this light is going to exceed that.