Jetbeam TCR2 Users: Please Answer This

CDR_Glock

Newly Enlightened
I have a TCR2. The magnetic ring obviously toggles between continuous light and strobe. At the junction between those major settings the LED powers off? Can I not use this as a twisting light to turn on and off?

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't remember the exact details of what the middle detent does. There was a thread at one point that explained it, but I think it was lost in the great crash of 2011. If I recall correctly, the middle setting functioned exactly like the tailcap except that there was no parasitic power draw while the light was in this mode. I could be wrong though.

Long answer short: yes, you can use the ring to turn your light off, but it'll turn on easier by bumping it against things than if you had used the switch.

Mtbmurf

Newly Enlightened
I don't remember the exact details of what the middle detent does. There was a thread at one point that explained it, but I think it was lost in the great crash of 2011. If I recall correctly, the middle setting functioned exactly like the tailcap except that there was no parasitic power draw while the light was in this mode. I could be wrong though.

Long answer short: yes, you can use the ring to turn your light off, but it'll turn on easier by bumping it against things than if you had used the switch.

Turn light off with clickie=OFF disconnected
Turn rotary to the place where there is no light=STANDBY= parasitic drain and doa batteries eventually...and if usining lithium recharge=overdischarged possibility which could be dangerous...

ronrog69

Newly Enlightened
I have one and Mtbmurf is correct with his answer. I remember that from the deleted previous thread during my research before purchase.
:goodjob: