Malkoff and Surefire questions

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys and gals. Just scored a E1L in the B/S/T forums and I plan on running a Malkoff VME (just bought the last one from Gene's site) with M31W drop-in on it. Anyway, does the VME also accept the M60 and M61 drop-ins? It seems like there are suggestions it does but I am not finding anything concrete? If it does I guess I better start finding a E2 body! :D Does anyone happen to have any feedback with the VME/M31/E1 setup? Thanks!

Z-Tab

Enlightened
An M31W/VME/E1B is my personal favorite one-cell light - I'm a little sad every time I put the E1B head back on it's body. An E1L body is pretty close, but it doesn't have the great E1B two-way clip.

The VME head fits every Malkoff drop-in that I've tried. It does not fit most other P60 drop-ins, but you're all good for Malkoffs. You could run an M61 on the E1L if you use rechargeables, but don't try it with the M31 - it can't handle the higher voltage. You'll probably want to get another VME head once you have that E2 body and the M61...

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I ended up going with a M61W on this. I figure I can run the M61 with rechargeables in the E1L until I recoup some funds to buy a E2 body for the VME/Malkoff setup. Pretty excited about my first Malkoff!

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I ended up going with a M61W on this. I figure I can run the M61 with rechargeables in the E1L until I recoup some funds to buy a E2 body for the VME/Malkoff setup. Pretty excited about my first Malkoff!
Congrats on a very nice drop in. The M61W is a fantastic unit and is much better suited to a single rechargable cell application than the old M60 drop in.

Enjoy,

James....:thumbsup: