Need RCR123a flashlight recommendations

ctbrew

Newly Enlightened
I need suggestions for a 1xRCR123a flashlight, no more than $80, no mods. I use it for delivery pizzas so a tight spot and max output is most important to illuminate faraway house numbers. I will use it in short bursts, not for any extended amount of time. I'll have it in my pants or shorts pocket, so a smooth exterior is necessary, and as compact as possible. So far I am considering:

-NiteCore Extreme Infinite Tactical Led Flashlight R2 - 220 lumens
-
Sunwayman m10R LED Flashlight CREE r5 LED 220 Lumens
-Zebralight SC30w Flashlight Neutral White (I really like the side clicky, but I hear it has problems in cold weather? I live in MN!)

These are just the ones I have considered so far, but could use some recommendations from Jetbeam, Fenix, or other brands. Thanks for your help!

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
how about a Romisen RC-C6?
has neutral tint option. (which is the one i have, and the tint is quite nice).
flood to throw adjustability. u can make the hotspot tighter.
its not being pushed hard, i dont think its over 140 lumens.
its cheap, about $25.

i like the sunwayman light as well, they make some sexy lights. also consider the V10R.
am also a big fan of zebralight headlamp models. dont have any experience with cold weather usage though, sorry.
I have the ZL H31w (i think the beam is about identical to the SC30w) the Romisen definitely throws better when beam is tightened

shortstack

Enlightened
-Lumintop L1C is nice and bright, under 60, has a nice 2 way clip.
-Jetbeam B10C looks to fit the bill, and for under $40.

njet212

Enlightened
-Lumintop L1C is nice and bright, under 60, has a nice 2 way clip.
-Jetbeam B10C looks to fit the bill, and for under $40.

+1 for L1C

In fact the OP did mentioned the flashlight must be as compact as possible. The L1C fits the bill very well in term of compactness. Also OP, if you considered using it on short burst ( Technical name for is Momentary Function ) ZebraLight SC30W won't have this momentary switch. As for the Throws ( project tight beam on distance ) the M10R and SC30W won't fit the bill as well. But the Lumintop and Nitecore Extreme does.

Jetbeam B10C seems fit your requirement, but since i don't own it can't share my own opinion about it.

I don't have my Nitecore Extreme with me now ( gave it to my brother ), but i have my Lumintop L1A and Sunway M10R. I pop Li-Ion 14500 on my Lumintop L1A so the output is nearly as bright as L1C. Below the link to see beam profile between M10R R5 and Lumintop L1A (used 14500 on it ):

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?311784-Opinions-on-Lumitop-L1C&p=3603358&viewfull=1#post3603358

Lighteous

Enlightened
I just obtained a Thrunite Neutron Flood 1C. It has two modes with 7 levels of output from 255 lumens to .9 lumens. I have three other 1 -CR123 lights but I really like this one. It has an XM-L emitter and the IU is very similar to 4Sevens lights. I really like my Nitecore IFE1 but that light will cost twice or more than the $60 Thrunite 1C. Good luck.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak LED Solutions has a model called the Rainier that is optimized for an RCR123 battery. It throws very well for a single cell light.

njet212

Enlightened
From my experience, Lumintop L1C and Nitecore Extreme are outperform Trunite 1C in term of throw capability. But the output from Trunite 1C is very impressive and It's great EDC light if you prefer flood over throw.

Dawg

Enlightened
The Nitecore or the Sunwayman would be very good choices for Pizza delivery. I own them both. I also have a Jetbeam RRT-O that is even nicer, but a little more money than the others. I say get one of the ones mentioned, and put the extra cash to a little pocket protection to go along with it.

P1010341.jpg

sirimaxi

Newly Enlightened
The Nitecore or the Sunwayman would be very good choices for Pizza delivery. I own them both. I also have a Jetbeam RRT-O that is even nicer, but a little more money than the others. I say get one of the ones mentioned, and put the extra cash to a little pocket protection to go along with it.

P1010341.jpg

Hi! Can you post the options you mention here: "a little pocket protection to go along with it." I have some 1x123 and want something to protect them on my pocket. Thks!

Last edited:

flashflood

Enlightened
From my experience, Lumintop L1C and Nitecore Extreme are outperform Trunite 1C in term of throw capability. But the output from Trunite 1C is very impressive and It's great EDC light if you prefer flood over throw.

+1. The Thrunite Neutron 1C is incredibly bright (300+ lumens on AW IMR 16340), but it's all about flood. Probably not the right light for this task.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L1. There are threads talking about people using it with LiIon without problems and you can find them in your price range on the CPFmarketplace sometimes. Mine works fine on an AW16340.