Brinkman?? AA hosts need tailcap

revs

Newly Enlightened
I have a couple hosts that look like Brinkman's but one is branded Snap-On and the other is branded Mac Tools. Any suggestions for better tailcaps? The clicky ones they came with have died. I have heard Nite Ize makes one, but the Nite-Ize I have on my Mini M@g doesn't fit. Threads are different.

Thanks all. Thinking of turning the 3AA one into a thrower for work. Just need a few ideas for pills.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
Sadly, I cannot assist with your two lights, as I do not know the brands, but can confirm that had these been Brinkmann Legends, MiniMag compatible tail caps would indeed have fitted. As such, these presumably aren't re-branded Brinkmann lights. :(

revs

Newly Enlightened
Its odd, both look just like the pics of the Brinkman Legends I find online, but a MiniM@g tailcap only screws on partially. The 3AA would have made a great DD host. Drop a pill in the 2AA and it would be a great light, also.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened
I personally have both a 2AA and a 3AA Legend, and over time, the twist lock cap on both of them has worn to the point that you can no longer lock out the switch. Both now have Nite-Ize Mini IQ multi-mode switches on them, which fit and functioned perfectly. Just had to stretch the spring a little to make contact and not have loose batteries.