LED Cap Light Invention

LazyJ

Newly Enlightened
The thread on "cap clipped lights" got me thinking. I needed a fishing light with just enough lumens to bait hooks and re-tie lures. The "light bulb" went off. I have several of these freebee keychain lights in a drawer serving no purpose.

So I super-glued an old tie-tac to one and stuck it through my cap. Grabbed a fishing pole and rushed off to a dark closet. Perfect, and the fluoro line actually glows making it easier to see than in broad daylight.

Does anyone know the runtime on these lights or if the battery is even replaceable?

IMG_3616.jpg

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I can't help on runtime, but they run a long time. Yes the battery is replaceable, but it's probably more economical to purchase new lights with the batteries in them. They take a coin cell battery, I don't recall the number right off hand. My wife washed one of my coats not knowing a BJ light was attached to the zipper. When the coat came out of the wash the light was on and wouldn't turn off. I opened it and dried the battery off which is all it took. It's still on my coat and works fine to this day.

Good idea you have there by the way.

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is a wonderful idea. I just went out to the garage and superglued a small alligator clip to one of mine. You are a genius!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
most of those key chain lights use 2x2016 batteries. Unless you buy them bulk from a chinese distributor you would be lucky to get them cheaper than about 35 cents each locally. I have on rare occasion found them for about 20 cents each but you can ebay them for a little cheaper maybe 10/$1.80. I agree that mostly it is just easier to buy new lights and toss them when they are used up.