linux users check out this new distro

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its is pretty kewl would be nice to have in case of a hardrive craping out on ya
linux edit if youre not used to linux remember you may kill ya windows instaltion so use at youre own risk

was_jlh

Enlightened
thanks raggie, will dl and try

been using "da*n small linux" for a small portable distro and knoppix as a portable when i know the target hardware i'm approaching

joe

raggie33

*the raggedier*
remember it is no thrills.i doubt even a gui but will be fun to play and very small

was_jlh

Enlightened
check out "da*n small linux", comes with my fav desktop, fluxbox

joe

raggie33

*the raggedier*
jamd right now.hey btw puppy did have a gui and games and etc i have no idea how they fit it on 27 megs .the gui looks like a windows copy.but a course like all distros they dont have drivers for my asus a7n8z ethernet card on cd
.o and if ya dont know jamd is baed on redhat but geared more for a i686 the a i386

was_jlh

Enlightened
running mandrake 9.1 on three machines here

been noticing jamd over the last few days, will have to give it a shot sometime.

i've got to go to compusa and pick up some of the business-card sized cd's, would like to have a small distro like DSL or Puppy in my wallet

raggie33

*the raggedier*
"Puppy Linux has the ability to boot off a flash card or any USB memory device " so that would be linux on ya keychain

was_jlh

Enlightened
sounds good, another thing on my to-do list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hitting the sack, take it easy raggie

K A

Enlightened
Anyone have any preference for these tiny distros? I have been pondering redoing my linux box for a while. Its just an older pentium that I use as my firewall/router for my cable modem.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
im still new to the small distros but look for one that opmitzed for a i386

Screehopper

Enlightened
There is a distro that fits on a 1.44 floppy. Forgot which one. Obviously you won't be doing much on it, but it proved that fitting it on a floppy could be done.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol with my typeing skill i need a gui .point n clcik is my freind. i hate when i need to linux comands

was_jlh

Enlightened
KA, have you tried the small distros that are meant to be used for firewalls / routers? Check out the www.distrowatch.com link that raggie sent earlier, should have the lowdown on them.

I've used "da*n small linux" and knoppix, although knoppix is not really small. Both are impressive.

Joe