Glad after a Blackout

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I'm back on-line after a blackout in my area.
I did some tests w/ two of my lights:
-minimag luxeon III (??lumens)
-G2 w/ M60LL (80lumens)
These lights are in the bottom of their classes and I was used to think:
Should I buy a better 2AA light?
Was the M60LL a wrong choice? Maybe the M60L a better choice?
After the tests at total darkness, I'm glad and satisfied w/ my choices.
The minimag is awesome indoor and the M60LL throws further than expected.:twothumbs
Anyway, I'm going to buy one minimag pro! :cool:

Last edited:

DaveG

Enlightened
Sounds like you did will with what you had to use.I have both of those lights also,good lights I think.Take a look at the Mag XL-50 also I like mine, and some head lights and lanterns for your next black out.The headlight and lantern help with hands free tasks.Good luck.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love these stories...this goes to show that more lumens isn't necessarily better, and then when you actually need a light, especially in pitch black conditions, the long running, lower powered LED will probably serve you better.

Joe Hone

Newly Enlightened
We had a transformer blow and several hours of darkness, not even the streetlights were on; my 4Sevens mini AA was perfect, especially for lighting up the kitchen which has a seven foot ceiling. I tail stood it on medium and it was plenty bright for taking care of our dog which got spooked by the sound of the exploding transformer.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
:) We recently had a blackout while my fiancee and her sister were making decorations for bridal shower. It was dark, I got my Pelican 9410 out and used ceiling bounce to light the table they were working at! 700 lumen worked great for them, they are impressed with my light. The light was on for about 45 minutes without a noticeable decrease in output.

Last edited:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got the lights back after 4 hours without. It got a bit chilly but that was the biggest inconvience, but the Big Buddy heater worked great when it was needed. For lights I carried my Preon II and used it occasionally but the majority of things were done with my Everready headlamp. The main LED was not needed and most work was done with the smaller 5MM leds. I read, cooked dinner and other various chores with it.
To save batteries when not really doing anything in particular I just used an Inova X5 in a glass for the ambient light needed.

Very few lumens are actually needed to do most things around the house I have found. I did not even break out the puck lights which I normally use as "candles" as my wife was not home so very little was needed.