My ultimate P60 host

fyrstormer

Banned
I've been so busy the past few weeks with moving and starting a new job, I only just now have had time to post this:

CIMG4721.jpg

CIMG4722.jpg

CIMG4723.jpg

CIMG4724.jpg

CIMG4725.jpg

As you can see, it's a combination of a bunch of parts -- A McGizmo 2x123 Clicky Pak (with a switch rated to 5 amps I believe), a custom-made Ti E2C adaptor by TnC Products, and the bezel from a Fireworm F1 with the bezel shaved and the logo scrubbed off. The drop-in is a Dereelight XM-L with a textured reflector. Finally I have an all-titanium P60 host with a pocket clip! It looks great next to my Fireworm F1 and my Ti Seraph.

EDIT: Here's a pic that Chris from TnC sent me of the E2C adaptors, prior to shipping them to me. He does great work.

PICT0016.jpg

- - -

EDIT: I later built a second light using a limited-edition Copper E2C, which I pre-antiqued using some Brass Blackener. Here are the two lights side-by-side:

CIMG4870a.png

CIMG4879a.png

I'm pretty much set on P60 hosts for...forever, probably. :D

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, i would say thats the ultimate P60 host :drool:

:thumbsup:
hrmm...I really wouldnt mind a bored Z2 Ti :D

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Very nice light you'v created!! :goodjob:

Like the use of a 5A switch, peace of mind..
icon3.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing that beautiful light.

Wilkey

owkaye

Newly Enlightened
That looks like a great light.

I'm new here and still trying to get a handle on costs. Would you mind telling me how much you have invested in the components for this light?

fyrstormer

Banned
That looks like a great light.

I'm new here and still trying to get a handle on costs. Would you mind telling me how much you have invested in the components for this light?
$116 for the Fireworm F1 which donated its bezel to the project; $230 for the 2x123 Clicky Pak from McGizmo; $250 for a pair of titanium E2C adaptors, though I only used one for this light; and $46 for the Dereelight XM-L drop-in. So...$517 total, assuming I only include one of the two E2C adaptors in the tally. Expensive, but not as expensive as some lights I've bought.

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
OMG! Excuse me for a sec. I've got to wipe the drool from chin! LOL That's one to be proud of, for sure!

fyrstormer

Banned
Well, yes. It also helps to not live in the most expensive regional economy on earth, i.e. Northern VA. We actually passed LA on cost-of-living a couple years ago.

mrlysle

Enlightened
fyrstormer. Those lights are beautiful. If you EVER decide to sell either of them, PM ME!!!!!!!!!!! I'd buy one in a heartbeat! Gorgeous lights!