Newby, after advice for an everyday " Led" flood flashlight using 18650 rechargables

Doug67

Newly Enlightened
Newby, after advice for an everyday " Led" flood flashlight using 18650 rechargables

Newby after advice for an everyday " Led" flood flashlight using 18650 rechargables. I've been introdusted to LED flashights by my Dad, he bought my family a flashlight each, quite impressed. So now looking for better quality flashlight as noted above, also where to buy.
Thanks in advance.

Doug

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Newby, after advice for an everyday " Led" flood flashlight using 18650 recharga

Check out the Zebralight SC60 or SC60w (neutral white tint.) Both are incredible, and run on a 18650. This is more of a floody light, but still has some throw. Also, Zebralights have the best UI in the business in my opinion. Here's how the UI works - quick click = high, double click = medium, and slow click = low. Once the light is on you can then double click it to get a second level of light within the level. So there are 2 highs, 2 mediums, and 2 lows. Check em out - ClickHere

Overclocker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Newby, after advice for an everyday " Led" flood flashlight using 18650 recharga

The zebralight sc60 or sc60w is the best" everyday" light you can buy in my opinion

The user interface is just brilliant. Very intelligently designed. Beam pattern is perfect for everyday use...

Last edited:

Lighteous

Enlightened

There are many options available to you. Enjoy the search. I suggest you include in your list of those to consider an EagleTac T20C2 MKII with the XM-L emitter. You can use 1- 18650 or 2 - CR123's. It is very bright and floody but throws a good distance as well.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast

In the absence of any other criteria, I'm going to make 3 suggestions.

Shiningbeam S-mini
MG P-Rocket (also from Shiningbeam)
Zebralight SC60

By typical standards, all 3 are pretty floody with the P-Rocket probably the floodiest of the 3. The S-mini and P-Rocket are both ~$45 after CPF discount and shipping. The SC60 is closer to $90.

The S-mini and SC60 are about the smallest 18650 lights you're going to find anywhere. The P-Rocket is a more typical size. The S-mini and P-Rocket come with holsters and are well suited for holster carry (the SC60, no so much). The SC60 is the only one of these that has a clip and if you're careful to "lock out" the tail (slightly loosen the tailcap to break the electrical connection from tail to body) to prevent accidental activation, the SC60 is well suited for clip-carry or pocket-carry.

You might need an IMR 18650 cell to get the most out of the P-Rocket. Not really sure.

--flatline

Throwjunkie

Enlightened

Dereelight DBS V3 Get it in MC E for good flood. It uses 1 18650 rechargible But on 2 with ext. it's even better.
Dereelight DBS V3 in XM-L good flood and good throw on one 18650 cell or 2 with ext.

Joe

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

Solarforce L2P with a Nailbender "Linger Special" and diffused lens is the ultimate flood light IMO.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast

I would also say the Zebralight SC60 (or SC60w). Great floody light.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened

The Ti aiRola. One of the smallest 18650 powered lights about. It works fine on both button top and flat top 18650 batteries-I´m using AW´s 2600mAh black flat top battery in mine.

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SC60 is closer to $90.

I'm seeing it for $79 with free shipping at zebralight.com and $76.49 with free shipping at goingear.com using the 10% off cpf discount code - ggcpf10

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm seeing it for $79 with free shipping at zebralight.com and $76.49 with free shipping at goingear.com using the 10% off cpf discount code - ggcpf10

It's worth the few extra clams to go with GG because you'll get better service than if you order direct from ZL.

kaercher

Newly Enlightened

You may want to consider a LUMAPOWER D-MINI VX ULTRA.
I used one 5 day a week (inspecting inside of buildings) for the past year and have been very happy with it.