• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Download Pocket Rocket and Mag2HID for sale (price adjusted)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gotta let some of the goodies go. Prices include shipping international shipping from my location to US/UK/EU/AUS. Paypal only.

1. Download's Pocket Rocket SST-50 in cool white, $110

This little 3-stage HA3 olive drab beast is quite fearsome at full output. 700 lumens of beautiful smooth white flood on max output - it should really be called turbo since you can't drive it at full power for more than a few minutes at a time. Medium produces about 250 lumens and makes a great utility light, and you have low as well. The power's there when you need it. Powered by a single 18650. Protected cells recommended.

This light was a user, and has marks on both ends but works great. I have installed a Solarforce pocket clip and it should be removeable with a little bit of pulling if you don't like it.

2. Pewter Silverlegacy/UFOKillerz Mag2HID. $300
NOW $270
Now this is a blast from the past. The light is about 6 years old and still impresses. Runs on 8 AAs on the included battery carrier, and I have tried re-sleeving it for 3 x IMR. Works great in both configurations. You are buying the 8AA battery carrier (and you can roll your own sleeves like I did :)). No batteries included. Might need a bit of contact cleaning on the tailcap, occasionally I have to untwist the rear tailcap and re-tighten it before the light will fire up. Using a replacement tailcap with the IMRs shows no such issue. You could probably chop the spring too. Break out the DeOxit and Progold :D

(note that IMR usage requires you to sand the interior of the tailcap. The stock tailcap is not modified, which is why I tested using a different black colored tailcap I sanded for another light. If you want me to sand it for you, I can do it for a small fee. IMRs will overdrive the light slightly. I have not conducted long-term testing on this.)

Welch Allyn 10W HID capsule up front. About 500 emitter lumens for 90 minutes.

PR:
p255252768-3.jpg

p70333414-3.jpg

HID:
p474682283-3.jpg

p165750322-3.jpg

Last edited:

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Re: Download Pocket Rocket and Mag2HID for sale

1. Download's Pocket Rocket SST-50 in cool white, $110

Which of Download's "runs" was this produced under, do you know? (4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, other?)

What is the Flux BIN and the Chromaticity BIN/tint of the SST-50 chip in this light?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

5th or 6th. Definitely not the 7th run where the bodies were changed due to supplier concerns. Previous owner was kinda sketchy on the details.

Can't remember what bin but the info should be posted in the threads. Definitely a cool white though, and 700 lumens. 3 levels - low medium high, no strobe and no SOS. Green GITD tailcap and O-ring in the front visible behind the lens.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last and final price adjustment and bump. Take the Mag2HID for $230, and the Pocket Rocket for $90, shipping AND Paypal fees included.

If there's no interest I don't mind keeping them....they are still nice lights.. :)