why dont they make a continuously variable aaa twisty.

beerwax

Enlightened
why dont they make a aaa twisty that tightens for off, when you loosen a bit it comes on low, then as you continue to turn it increases to full brightness at about 120 degrees from off.

i dont know of any, so there is probably technical reasons making it difficult. but sunwayman and jetbeam can make selector rings work.

how do you guys see it.

cheers

ragweed

Enlightened
Maglight Solitaire works like this but, goes from flood to spot with no brightness increase.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Won't be tightened for off, but you can get a Peak AAA light and pop in a piece of QTC to make it variable.

saeckereier

Newly Enlightened
Plus you NEED to spend whatever Defabricata charges to put a neutral LED in that light since it is so much NICER after is has been modded.

Yeah I never understood why they would choose such an angry blue tint on such an expensive light.

beerwax

Enlightened
thx BVH
that surefire is not a aaa, its a cr123a. otherwise it looks the goods. perhaps someone should inform mr surefire that there are aaa batteries in this world.

thx zeruel.
isnt that stuff a resistor ? and yes i would love a peak but curt dont post outside the usa. and i have trouble understanding his website. never the less i am keen on a brass peak aaa.

i started this thread because of the dominance of mutlimode multitwist aaa lights, and i just think they are out of date. with control rings appearing on sunwaymans etc its time for the aaa market to change. pass a newbie that surefire and he/she will have it mastered pretty quick. a fenix or revo UI is just a poor complicated cousin.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
thx zeruel.
isnt that stuff a resistor ? and yes i would love a peak but curt dont post outside the usa. and i have trouble understanding his website. never the less i am keen on a brass peak aaa.

From wiki: Quantum tunnelling composites (or QTCs) are composite materials of metals and non-conducting elastomeric binder, used as pressure sensors. They utilise quantum tunnelling: without pressure, the conductive elements are too far apart to conduct electricity; when pressure is applied, they move closer and electrons can tunnel through the insulator.

Peak does ship overseas, that's how I got mine. From what I'm told, calling them is far easier to get your orders through, but I'd ordered mine through their website or via email. They're slow to respond via email, but they'll reply eventually.

beerwax

Enlightened
optic or reflector, brass or titanium. he does have optics not sure if they are in aaa. thanks zeruel i will decide exactly which peak i want then email them. harder for them to say no international to a firm order. its just intimidating when the website says 'we do not offer international shipping'.

they also make an interesting 2 aa.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
optic or reflector, brass or titanium. he does have optics not sure if they are in aaa. thanks zeruel i will decide exactly which peak i want then email them. harder for them to say no international to a firm order. its just intimidating when the website says 'we do not offer international shipping'.

they also make an interesting 2 aa.

Ok, now that you mentioned "we do not offer international shipping", I think you might be referring to RSMK (em-mgt) site. Don't think they ship overseas.
I ordered mine through Peak's own website.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either call Peak directly, or you could order through overready.com, they are also a Peak dealer. I'm sure they can help you through special orders.
Yes the Eiger uses an optic, available in narrow, medium, or wide beam. Nine power levels, four different metals, and six different bodies.
If you plan on getting a QTC, just get a #8 power.