Fenix TK12 on my AR15?

safety first

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a light that could be attached to a AR15 for defensive purposes but could also be used for general purpose. Does anyone else use this light for such purposes or have any opinions as to the suitability of the light for those uses. Any help from the light Gurus is appreciated, including other suggestions. Thanks in advance

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix TK12

I'm have a similar interest. I have a Quark Turbo mounted on my Mossberg but have yet to fire it to test if the set-up will last together.

Hope you don't mind a ride along on this thread.:popcorn:

safety first

Newly Enlightened

Hope you don't mind a ride along on this thread.:popcorn:

The more the Merrier

glockxj

Newly Enlightened

I have a tk15 mounted to my AR. I have probably shot 500 rounds with no problems.
IMAG0213.jpg

safety first

Newly Enlightened

Glockxj
Thanks for that response. I have also considered the TK15, do you think it is better suited for AR15 use than the TK12?

glockxj

Newly Enlightened

I think the TK15 is awesome. I love it and would recommend it to anyone. It has great throw and is very bright (337 lumens) I really love the mode switch on the side of the light, it makes it easy to access the strobe function while sighted in. The only complaint I have with the TK15 is once the anti-roll ring is removed, there are exposed threads. Fenix should ship the light with a beauty ring of some sort. I have no experience with the TK12, so I can not compare the two.

think2x:
I have a few 4sevens lights, and judging by their quality, I would say you should have no problems with the Quark Turbo.

Last edited:

safety first

Newly Enlightened

I think the TK15 is awesome. I love it and would recommend it to anyone. It has great throw and is very bright (337 lumens) I really love the mode switch on the side of the light, it makes it easy to access the strobe function while sighted in. The only complaint I have with the TK15 is once the anti-roll ring is removed, there are exposed threads. Fenix should ship the light with a beauty ring of some sort. I have no experience with the TK12, so I can not compare the two.

think2x:
I have a few 4sevens lights, and judging by their quality, I would say you should have no problems with the Quark Turbo.

Thanks, I looked at the Quark on line and it does look like a good light. Thanks for the input

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

think2x:

Thanks for the input, maybe one day I will actually get to go fire a few rounds through it.