Holsters

thom1960

Newly Enlightened
I know, another holster thread. The thing is, I've been searching for hours and seem to get nowhere. What I have is a Fenix P1D with the belt holster which I love and use daily. What I want are holsters for my new Jetbeam RRT-0 and soon to have Quark Mini 123 and Sunwayman V10R ti. I have followed many links to dead ends. I also have several Surefires, and to be honest, their nylon holsters suck. They are bulky and ugly and I really don't like to wear them so those lights have been relegated to home or backpack duty. Although I love my P1D, I'm ready to upgrade. What I want would be something similar to the old Fenix P1D holster or better yet a simple and effective leather one. Are there any leather workers out there doing flashlight holsters?

thom1960

Newly Enlightened
Nice stuff, maybe too nice for my taste! I prefer simple and discreet. More utilitarian I'd say. Maybe have him make one for the V10R ti. Black leather and titanium would look awesome together!

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had him do a plain black for a Nitecore SR3 a while back, worth the money IMO. He is Hogokansatsukan here on CPF.
AKJConcealco also makes good holsters for your Surefires at a cheaper price but not as nice.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using Ripoffs holsters for years, since before they were bought out by U. S. Armor. They've got a size for practically any light out there and I've got units for L4, 6P, 9P, as well as for my GPS, Zippo lighters, etc. You can find their stuff here.

Wilkey

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM me.
I have a freind who has made straps for watches and just made me two holsters for some SPY007s.
I can ask him if he wants to start making light holsters, as long as he can get the dimensions, I think he can make them

sirimaxi

Newly Enlightened
I have been using Ripoffs holsters for years, since before they were bought out by U. S. Armor. They've got a size for practically any light out there and I've got units for L4, 6P, 9P, as well as for my GPS, Zippo lighters, etc. You can find their stuff here.

Wilkey
Very nice stuff....How can I get prices?

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice stuff....How can I get prices?
Their stuff is sold by a number of web outlets. The one I tend to use the most is Holster Depot. Ripoffs will also do custom work, although not of the boutique quality as Thor. They can tweak size, color, flaps, cutouts, that sort of thing.

Wilkey

Last edited:

herosemblem

Enlightened
Blackhawk Compact Light holster. Fits my Fenix P3D very well. Designed for thin, straight-bodied lights that are the thickness of a man's thumb. 1''-diameter flashlight is too thick. Looks ugly, rides at an awkward angle projecting away from the body, yet is still better than a nylon holster, and will also outlast a nylon holster by about 76 years. Also won't become flimsy like a nylon holster, or stinky and discolored like a leather holster.

or...

The Surefire V70 speed holster works well. However, it necessitates that you use specific Surefire flashlights that hold it...in which case, it does its job well. Downside is that the belt-width adjustment clip will break, and it also requires that you use a thick, sturdy belt. Another con is that the flashlights 50% of the time will flash on for a moment when you insert the light in the holster. With these cons, it is stillbetter than a nylon holster. Better than a leather holster? Maybe.