dorcy 1 AAA LS mod

red_robby

Enlightened
well, after killing one ls getting it off the board, the mod is complete...
removing the second ls from the star was a snap(with help
from the experts,thanks to Mr bulk & lambada)
if i get some help hosting a few pics, I'll share...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Red,
Is the LS running from the stock current level that the stock 5mm LED used? This should be really interesting, can't wait to see what you do with the three LED AA model. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
This might be better...very nice mod Rob/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
fb06003d.jpg

fb060039.jpg

fb060036.jpg

danielo_d

Enlightened
red_robby , that is definitely cool!
It does look like the stock booster board. There is a metal disk that improves the connection of the board to the ground [body.] Do you not need it? Or did you fashion another contact method? [maybe thickening the solder on the board to wedge into the slots on the body?]

Oh, what is the runtime on that puppy? Finally, is there any heatbuild up probs w/it?

This very cool mod. Has to be way brighter! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Excellent Job!

Danno

red_robby

Enlightened
yes, it's the stock booster(which makes it a pretty cheap mod), and about that brass ring,it does not fit anymore, even after filing the led hole bigger to fit the ls...
it's two prongs don't reach the board when the ls is in there, if you file it down any more then you have to for the ls, you risk filing the + & - contacts right off.
I'm not sure about run time yet, but I'm happy to say that
it will run with rechargeable cells
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks bright. How much brighter? I wonder how much power it's giving the luxeon.. crazy that it can power it...

red_robby

Enlightened
it's much brighter then stock but it gives more of a flood
type beam using the stock reflector, it's also very white
so i'm sure it's under driven...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Red,
$6 for the light and I have a RED luxeon laying around, although the reds run at 2.5-2.8 volts, it should run fairly bright with the stock regulator. Just pondering the concept, need to get out to Wally World more often.

Latest posts