Whis is the best match to ITP A3 with claws?

Newuser01

Enlightened
I've carried the ITP A3 1 mode, with claws and I love the one out put, easy to hoot to belt loop, enough output and run times.

Who has the same kind of usability ?

either claws or clips would be good and able to use li-on's.

Same or better output and run time.

Floody with a bit of throw is great.

About the same price would be good too!!

Regards.
:thumbsup: to CPF
newuser

cistallus

Enlightened
Why not just get another one, except the Upgraded 3 mode one? That would match your requirements. Or are you looking for something more/different?

What do you mean by "claws"?

joe1512

Enlightened
There is really no meaningful upgrade to the itp A3.

You can get a light with an XP-G emitter instead of the older emitter that the A3 has. However this really only increases your brightness by 20% or so. I dont think it is worth it, especially for the cost.

Another option for more light would be the itp A1. It uses a non-rechargable CR123 battery (available at home depot etc, but much cheaper online). It puts out over twice the output which is noticable. Same emitter so same beam pattern. This light is shorter than the A1 but almost twice as fat. Only 25 bucks too which is nice. If you dont use the light THAT much, this might be a good option.

It is also possible to use a special Rechargable version of the CR123 but this requires a special charger and handling of the unusual battery which isn't as newbie friendly. If you recharge your light more than once a week regularly, then you might look into rechargable.

I personally carry an itp A1 with the RCR123, but only cuz I had another flashlight that uses 18650s (which uses the same special charger as a RCR123).

Last edited:

Newuser01

Enlightened
What do you mean by "claws"?
Alligator claws? They might be called! 3 mode is a bit much. But if that is the last option, than be it.

There is really no meaningful upgrade to the itp A3.
That's what I think. But if someone might know a little light, may be a off brand? that may fit what I need!

Another option for more light would be the itp A1. It uses a non-rechargable CR123 battery (available at home depot etc, but much cheaper online). It puts out over twice the output which is noticable. Same emitter so same beam pattern. This light is shorter than the A1 but almost twice as fat. Only 25 bucks too which is nice. If you dont use the light THAT much, this might be a good option.
T have though about this option but I'm trying to stay away from RCR's (I do have the charger and cells but the light is a bit too fat for my taste! I have a Fenix P1D-ce ? twisty 5 modes that I used to carry. Now it is on the shelves.
Reasons for AAA is (besides runtime , beam pattern and output) small, easy to carry with keys or clipped to belt loops, mouth hold, clip to a cap to use as makeshift head lamp etc etc....using Li-on is a big plus as I have the charger and cells already.
So ..........

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

F...Y...I......... I don't think they are so great anymore .

I have had four ITP A3's in service for a year and a half in my family .

In that period ALL of them have just died during normal use .

I never tampered with them and did not try in any way to repair them.

All 4 of them have now been serviced twice by ITP .

Now their life expectancy is about 2 months ... after repair .

In MY opinion ....... they do not stand the test of time .

As for the low price ..... now I wouldn't even give you $20 for FOUR of them !

At this point I can't find any reliable AAA key chain light currently in production , for less than $30 , that I can use as give-away-lights , to newbie flash-O-holics and family members .

We need a work-horse .................... that LASTS for YEARS

~