TK-35 Holster-> why....

Rej

Newly Enlightened
Stop half way?

I buy a kick-*** light; great build and form factor, excellent UI IMO, nice battery setup and bright as Heck ..... :eek:oo:

.... and I do appreciate the fact a holster is included, as a good number of lights do not add this extra touch, especially at this price point.

But why not finish perfection (a bit strong perhaps?) with a well thought out holster..... In other words protect whats important-> the Glass!

My simple 'mod' with some 2" stetch webbing, needle & thread;

TK35-unsheathed.jpg

TK35-sheathed-oen.jpg

TK35-sheathed-angle.jpg

TK35-sheathed.jpg

Still undecided whether I should add velcro to the end of the flap or just cut it shorter and not worry about it.

What do you think?:thinking:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice job, I wasn't even sure which part you added

I'd go for velcro... why not protect as much as you can

Rej

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Cataract.... it was a real biatch going through the cardboard (or plastic) stiffener sewn inside, good thing I had my cheap SS ultrafire AA light to 'force' the needle through!

And thanks for the suggestion, I was leaning towards that, as i could even keep the flap on the outside for those 'quick draw' moments on my dog walks:devil:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's awesome! I need to try to make something similar to that sometime. Nice job!

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Cataract.... it was a real biatch going through the cardboard (or plastic) stiffener sewn inside, good thing I had my cheap SS ultrafire AA light to 'force' the needle through!

And thanks for the suggestion, I was leaning towards that, as i could even keep the flap on the outside for those 'quick draw' moments on my dog walks:devil:

No sweat.
Interesting to know that its got a stiffener inside. Larger holsters tend to collapse easily, giving you hell when trying to put the flashlight back in.

I've seen a picture of someone who put the flap behind the flashlight for quick-drawing... looks like your setup should allow that easily.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the need to protect the lens from scratches since the light is thrown into my bag amongst other stuff all of the time.

I protect the lens by mounting a cut-off cap of a spray can. It makes one heck of a diffuser too, literally throws ambient light all round.

tk35diffuser.jpg

Harv

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking a MOLLE pouch for a smoke grenade or a flash bang grenade would work well for this light. I just ordered one and will see what fits. I've seen the holster and am not that impressed with it's bezel up design.

hmm

Newly Enlightened
I'm thinking a MOLLE pouch for a smoke grenade or a flash bang grenade would work well for this light. I just ordered one and will see what fits. I've seen the holster and am not that impressed with it's bezel up design.

Considering molle grenade pouches are less than $3 on ebay, has velcro and redundant button closing and comes in black, desert or jungle camo this is a better deal.