AAA x 1 flashlight with momentary on and a clip?

Death's Head

Enlightened
What's out there? I'm looking, but the only think I could find would be the Preon with replacement clicky switch.

HKJ

Flashaholic
There is not many AAA lights with momentary.
I know the following lights:
Lumapower Avenger GX
StreamLight MicroStream
Led Lenser P3 and P3
Peak, they has a momentary only (i.e. it cannot turn the light permanently on) switch for some of their bodies.

Preon is not a momentary switch it is a reverse switch, I do not know about the new Fenix yet, but the LD05 uses a reverse switch.

You can find all lights compared on my website.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UniVex aaa got forward clicky, but no clip. Expensive but looks gorgeous :)

Death's Head

Enlightened
The Tactical AAA from CountyComm would have been perfect if it offered a clip. I guess I could just purchase a clip and put it on, but they are out of stock.

beerwax

Enlightened
i had lots of success with fenix aaa stainless clips fitting to other torchs, and if you buy a narrow aaa torch (revo etc) you can fit a stainless clip from a pen. cheers

slipe

Newly Enlightened
According to how you carry, either the ITP A3 or Maratac AAA will do momentary if you pull back on the head. That won't work if you twist it off with a big turn, but it you keep it so you can turn it on quickly with just a little turn it will also do momentary by pulling it in.

I prefer to carry mine that way as I use the clip, but it probably wouldn't work very well on a keychain. I would think keychain users probably give it more twist so it doesn't come on in their pocket.

Of course every time you pull it changes modes unless you give it 3 or 4 seconds to reset. If you want the momentary as a signal you could get the single mode ITP.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love how CPFers continue to recommend the LF2XT even though it is almost impossible to find and insanely expensive if you can convince someone to part from theirs. It's like a cruel joke. Someone is just sitting back laughing at all of us trying to find this mythical perfect AAA light while they continue to recommend it to everyone and their mother.

archimedes

Flashaholic
I love how CPFers continue to recommend the LF2XT even though it is almost impossible to find and insanely expensive if you can convince someone to part from theirs. It's like a cruel joke. Someone is just sitting back laughing at all of us trying to find this mythical perfect AAA light while they continue to recommend it to everyone and their mother.

Is there some reason that this light is no longer in production, and nothing similar has since been released? Just curious....

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The reason for no more LiteFluxes is really just speculation. They just decided to take a break. I continue to be surprised no other maker has come up with a replacement.

Geoff

beerwax

Enlightened
The reason for no more LiteFluxes is really just speculation. They just decided to take a break. I continue to be surprised no other maker has come up with a replacement.

Geoff

yes all those aaa lites out there and the liteflux beats most of them. how hard can it be. obviously harder than you think. maybe they had a passion for lites and it was just a sideline/hobby. maybe they just make real money doing something else. making lites might be a hard business to make money in.

Death's Head

Enlightened
I still haven't found one. Anymore suggestions?
It'd be nice to find one with one of the later LEDs.

popedandy

Newly Enlightened
I gave my wife the light you described in your first post - Preon 1 that I put a clicky tailcap on - and she really likes it. As mentioned previously, the Fenix LD03 will be out in a week or so and looks like it will meet your needs. Had they been available when I got my wife's light I would have purchased the LD03 because it gives all the features I wanted with the clickie tailswitch as a standard feature.

mrpink

Newly Enlightened

yeah, its like when someone asks for purchase advice and posters get pre-occupied with themselves and post every flashlight out of their price range just because its their favorite brand.