What are your favorite LED "gifting" flashlights to non-flashoholics?

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
In the past 12 months, I've probably gifted ~70 lights; all to 'non-flashoholics'.

About 20 of the gifts were Quark AA*2 Tactical XP-G R5. But I stopped gifting those when they were all revised to the S2 emitter, which I consider to be too dang green.

Lately, I have been gifting the iTP EOS A3 Upgrade XP-G R5. I have been giving these away like candy. I gave away five at a business luncheon last week. I give them to everyone, LOL. And if it's someone who will be careful, I also give them two 10440 batteries and a charger. So far, I would have to say that the iTP EOS A3 Upgrade XP-G R5 makes the very best overall gift.

Anyway, I'm looking for more gift ideas. What kinds of moderately-priced LED lights are you guys giving away to non-flashoholics?

-

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found the Fenix E05 to be well-received.
Very tiny, very easy to use with only a single mode on/off, and a common AAA battery.
Bright enough to say "Wow! That's alot from such a little light!", and it doesn't intimidate them with a complicated UI, and it goes right on the keychain real easily and without hardly any bulk. Has a nice clean white beam that floods well, and isn't glary, and is very useful for typical flashlight needs.
Plus, it doesn't cost much to buy.

This is a light that anybody can use and enjoy, no matter how non-technical they are, and people like it.
Not the world's brightest, or world's most awesome UI, or biggest thrower, or whatever.
It's just a nice little flashlight, and that's what people like about it.

I have one myself too, and while most of my lights are bigger powerhouses, it's nice have a tiny little simple light to turn on when I just need a small/moderate amount of clean light to use for little chores. I don't really need to fire up my Malkoff Wildcat to find my keys, or walk out to the car. Sometimes 27 lumens in a floody beam is all you need.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to gift the Fenix LD20 Q5's and R4's. I then switched to the Quark AA2 (about the same amount of em with the Regular UI & Tactical UI,) and all of em with the R5 emitter. I have not given one single one away with the S2 LED because I agree with you on them being tooooo green (I have one, and only one.) I'm waiting on the R5 to come back, but if I needed a gift today it'd be the Thrunite 2AA XM-L or a Fenix LD20 R5. I tend to stick with 2 AA lights for gifts as they are perfect for general use IMO. I like your idea of giving out the ITP EOS A3.

BarryG

Enlightened
Most of my gifts have been Inova X1's. Super simple, bright for size, good runtime, easy to get AA batt, and easy to carry.

Barry

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
I give away fauxtons like lollies. Don't cost me much at all, so I can afford to be generous. They are so light and small people stick them on their keys and then they have a light whenever they need it. Very simple UI, and not too bright so kids can't do too much dazzling with them even if they try.

They are extremely popular, and I even offer to put new batteries in them when they go flat - but they seem to last pretty well for most people.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found the Fenix E05 to be well-received.
Very tiny, very easy to use with only a single mode on/off, and a common AAA battery.
Bright enough to say "Wow! That's alot from such a little light!", and it doesn't intimidate them with a complicated UI, and it goes right on the keychain real easily and without hardly any bulk. Has a nice clean white beam that floods well, and isn't glary, and is very useful for typical flashlight needs.
Plus, it doesn't cost much to buy.

This is a light that anybody can use and enjoy, no matter how non-technical they are, and people like it.
Not the world's brightest, or world's most awesome UI, or biggest thrower, or whatever.
It's just a nice little flashlight, and that's what people like about it.

I have one myself too, and while most of my lights are bigger powerhouses, it's nice have a tiny little simple light to turn on when I just need a small/moderate amount of clean light to use for little chores. I don't really need to fire up my Malkoff Wildcat to find my keys, or walk out to the car. Sometimes 27 lumens in a floody beam is all you need.

my last 3 gifted lights have been the fenix E05.
small and simple. Ive gifted other lights, usually single AA lights, but seems the lights get thrown in a a desk, and rarely ever used.
The E05s i gifted, went straight onto their new owners keys.

Draz

Newly Enlightened
am thinking about gifting 2x solarforce lights to my dad and father inlaw. The extent of the lights in there lives were reg incan mags until I Recently gave my dad some old silver dorcy with the luxeon led from walmart. He was amazed at the out put XD. Am conflicting on the use of cr123 batteries as they would not be able to hoard them like us. Maby something in AA may be better.

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Just bought two of the 30 Lumen versions of the Fenix E05. Put one on my wife's keyring and one on my daughter's. Now I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger on an LD01 R5 stainless for my own keychain as a backup to my 6PX Pro (which I EDC).

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with the AA2 Tactical XPG-R5 in the OP, and the E05 above, can't go wrong with the E01 either (non-flashaholics don't notice the oval purple beam). I have the E05 on my keys.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
I gave both son-in-laws the Fenix LDO1s and then a couple of months later bought one for me! I feel it's a well made light.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
Just bought two of the 30 Lumen versions of the Fenix E05. Put one on my wife's keyring and one on my daughter's. Now I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger on an LD01 R5 stainless for my own keychain as a backup to my 6PX Pro (which I EDC).

:thinking: I think you will like it! Mine has a cool tint just very slightly greenish to my eyes. Everyone sees led tinting a little different, it's subjective.

beerwax

Enlightened
fenix E05. but only because i have no confidence theyll use anything except alkaline or super heavy duty in them. i gave an ld20 once and a year later they asked me how to get their alkalines out as they were firmly stuck. leaked i assume (shudder).and when they saw how bright mine was they assumed there was something wrong with their torch.

chevy-ss . may i ask please what 10440 charger and batteries you have enough confidence in to gift. i might try that setup for meself. you know, cross over to the dark side.

Gliderguy

Newly Enlightened
4Sevens Minis. Last batch was the neutral CR2 version. People are blown away by the output of something smaller than a lipstick. I send a generous supply of batts and a couple of web addresses for more. Have given away Fenix LD01's and regular quarks in the past before.

srfreddy

Enlightened
I would never trust anyone with 10440's.... leave torch on, forget about it, put back on to charge.... *BOOM*! Or, "hmmm... why so dim?" *puts into nimh charger* eh....

Nicrod

Flashaholic
In the past 12 months, I've probably gifted ~70 lights; all to 'non-flashoholics'.

About 20 of the gifts were Quark AA*2 Tactical XP-G R5. But I stopped gifting those when they were all revised to the S2 emitter, which I consider to be too dang green.

Lately, I have been gifting the iTP EOS A3 Upgrade XP-G R5. I have been giving these away like candy. I gave away five at a business luncheon last week. I give them to everyone, LOL. And if it's someone who will be careful, I also give them two 10440 batteries and a charger. So far, I would have to say that the iTP EOS A3 Upgrade XP-G R5 makes the very best overall gift.

Anyway, I'm looking for more gift ideas. What kinds of moderately-priced LED lights are you guys giving away to non-flashoholics?

-

Dang!! Your a really nice person. I wanna be ur friend lol.
And I'm careful too!!

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly? People seem most impressed with those Stainless Ultrafire C3 jobbies that run for under $14 at that HK site... They look much more expensive than they are and even though they use a XR-E Q5 emitter, that's still brighter than what most people are used to... and it runs off AAs!