New Aeon?

bltkmt

Enlightened
I think before the "Big Crash", Enrique had posted that he would be making a batch of warm Aeons? Has anyone received one yet, and if so can you post about it? I love my Aeon, and am curious how the new version compares.

Thanks.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think before the "Big Crash", Enrique had posted that he would be making a batch of warm Aeons? Has anyone received one yet, and if so can you post about it? I love my Aeon, and am curious how the new version compares.

Thanks.

I think his last communication was that he would consider making a warm or high CRI if interest was there. Some of us expressed interest but not the number he said he needed. Maybe enough to get the ball started, though.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emailed Russ (UniqueTi) today about the new run of Aeon's. He said Enrique had some sort of accident to his hand and that if not for that he would already have some of the newer batch. He's expecting them soon, warm's too!

nbp

Flashaholic
I want I want I want!!

I don't excited about very many new lights as the ones I've got already do everything I need and more, but a "new" Aeon would get my PP button hot and bothered. I've looked at those things so many times and never got to hunting one down, but a new release, and warm tint at that, would make me say this is the time. Plus, I've wanted to try this progressive twisty; I think it's a genius UI. I love it on my HDS Twisties, so this little light has got to be a winner.

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I carry an Aeon almost every day. I would almost definitely buy a new version. I wonder what LED would be used, output, all that stuff. Possibly my favorite small light. It is one of those tools that just works phenominaly, all the time. Runtime is insane, too. I remember not knowing what was wrong with my light when I realized I had NEVER changed the battery! I had probably owned it for close to a year at that point. It is mostly a daytime-carry light, and is abckup duty at night, so that could explain it, too.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is the info Russ passed on to me. I'm sure he won't mind me passing it on to you all since you'll probably go to him for a new light. ;)

"We were supposed to get them last week, but Enrique had an accident and cut his finger pretty bad so they were delayed.
Will probably be the end of next week before we get them.

They will be the same as before, except we will have some 'warm' led models available too.

The LEDs used in these lights are 93 lumens at 4500K Color Temperature. Runtime on high mode is 1.5 hours on a fresh CR2, and 40 hours on low.

The 'regular' led's are 115 lumen. Both are Cree.

Russ
radar.gif
"

nbp

Flashaholic
Tax return is coming in and I'm ready to celebrate with a warm Aeon and a handful of CR2s. I'm in Russ, waiting for your go-ahead. :popcorn:

Will there be different colors, does anyone know? Or just natural? Those blue ones Enrique did were really something, but I'd be good with natural too.

nbp

Flashaholic
I signed up for the waiting list on UT so I can pounce as soon as they roll in. Haven't gotten an email yet. Anyone else heard anything?

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I signed up for the waiting list on UT so I can pounce as soon as they roll in. Haven't gotten an email yet. Anyone else heard anything?

I'm on the list too but I'm not sure if I'll get one. I've pretty much standardized all my lights to one battery type so a CR2 doesn't fit the bill. I will say I used to have a Nautilus so I do know the Muyshondt's are well worth the $$. I'm just not sure it's gonna be for me though. I'll look forward to your review Nick!

nbp

Flashaholic
Yeah, I'm with you on that Jason. I have basically all 123 powered lights, a couple I run on 17670s, with just a couple on Eneloops. So the CR2 is gonna be an oddball, but from the runtime stated and the fact that this will be a backup EDC or a backup backup EDC, I don't think a couple of CR2s per year will be a big deal. I have wanted to try one of Enrique's lights for a long time though, they are always very highly spoken of. I think this is the time. I have never done a review, but this might be a good time for a first try!! I'll do one, assuming I am able to procure one of these little gems. :eek:oo:

Now I just need Russ to toss some CR2s on his website so can get them at the same time, or else I'll have to make a Lighthound order, and well, the likelihood is I won't escape that place with only batteries. :ohgeez: :broke:

Edit: And thanks for the PM also. I forgot to send you a reply. :oops:

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I preordered a TI neutral aeon, using muyshondt's website
I emailed him 2 weeks ago, and he said they should ship this friday.
Whether his hand injury will affect that I don't know, but I am patiently waiting on my first Titanium light

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those wandering, there will no change in the beam profile since Enrique will be using XR-E again with the same reflector.

nbp

Flashaholic
There's pics up now. Were getting closer. :popcorn:

In the meantime I'm occupying myself reading old Aeon threads. :naughty:

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon
I'm on the list too but I'm not sure if I'll get one. I've pretty much standardized all my lights to one battery type so a CR2 doesn't fit the bill. I will say I used to have a Nautilus so I do know the Muyshondt's are well worth the $$. I'm just not sure it's gonna be for me though. I'll look forward to your review Nick!

The Aeon is the only light that would make me buy cr2's

nbp

Flashaholic
Aeons in cool and warm and warm Ti are in stock at Uniquetitanium now!

I just ordered a warm in HA-NAT, I'm really stoked about this light. Kinda wanted the warm Ti, as that's sure to be a rare find, but just couldn't stomach it with some other purchases lately. No worries, I like HA though. :thumbsup:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to see Muyshondt is still doing lights, and the Aeon is still holding it's own. Time for high CRI I'd say. The premium for the warm tint seems a little steep at this point in the xr-e life cycle. One truly amazing light.

Latest posts