what a wonderfu hobby this is, b/s/t or keep them

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
the title says it all, we covet a light, buy it, use it a few times, but it's very similar to many lights that we already own, so we learn about the next new light, covet that one, sell the the old one to someone that had been coveting the first light but didn't buy it when the buying was good, so the musical chairs of lights goes on and on with everyone happy, even the last guy to covet the light that has been all but forgotten, but he never thought he would own one of these and there it is, the system is perfect, everyone finding what they like, losing a bit in the process in some cases but lights traveling around making everyone that owns them quite happy. Then we have Ray, this_is_nascar, the king of b/s/t who keeps everyone happy, as well as himself. It took a while before I figured out what Ray was doing, and he diligently does it better than anyone else from my perspective. He keeps the abolute best of what crosses his path and you've got to respect that. He perseveres like no other and though I'm rambling I had to post this thread because it seemed to be part of the very foundation of the cpf to be able to try a light,keep it for a while and then further refine what it is about all of this that's such a turn on. When I first started I tried to justify all of my purchases because I needed one here, one there and one yonder and then I ran out of excuses or rationale for my purchases and then collecting was good enough.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Hay Keith, I see yer meds are kickin' in! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: what a wonderfu hobby this is, b/s/t or keep t

Without the B/S/T Forum, I would be reluctant to buy a lot of the lights that I have gotten. I know that I can easily dispose of any light for almost what I paid for it if I find a new light that I like a little better. And I agree with Keith, Nascar presents some great bargains, and I can believe what he says.

It's just one more great thing about CPF.

Paul