Hi, my name is Tom and I'm a flashaholic.

sigp6

Newly Enlightened
Hi, my name is Tom and I\'m a flashaholic.

Uh oh. I've been lurking here for maybe a week and I've just gone and ordered a SF M6. This is a support group right? You guys ARE going to help me get over this aren't you?

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Hi, my name is Tom and I\'m a flashaholic.

Oh man, your in for it. Big time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SF M6 is your first light? Dang..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

sigp6

Newly Enlightened

Actually, I have a really old 6P that I got second hand (thanks to the U.S. Army Night Stalkers) and I love it. I took it camping with me last weekend and was so impressed with it I looked into Surefire and ended up here. My wife is going to kill me when she finds out. I guess I can blind her with it and hide it while she's recovering so she can't send it back........

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

welcome to CPF Tom..
Maine flashaholics seem to be rare.. too bad..

how's Topsham? my best friend lives in Lisbon.. i'm from way up north in Presque Isle.. i was down there visiting and found a praying mantis! i didn't know we had those in Maine!

my Princeton Tec40 lit it up just fine for inspection. haha

sigp6

Newly Enlightened

Hi Ryan, Thanks. Topsham is good - I drive through Lisbon everyday to work (in Lewiston). Do you know any of the Hamlin's from up that way? I know Eric and his dad.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

oo no, i honestly don't know anyone any closer than Portland.. my best friend just moved there a month or two ago, and i've only been down once to visit since! but she showed me around..
(had a romantic dinner at the Bombay Mahal in Brunswick, great Indian food!)
i'm only 19 tho, so i've been busy making money to pay for school.. i'll be joining her down there within a few months, so i'll be meeting ppl then hopefully..
her mother is a psychiatrist who was just hired to work at Augusta Mental Health a few months ago..
you're the first person i've met and held a conversation with, not counting a couple employees at the pet store in Lewiston, heh.. nice to meet you.

sigp6

Newly Enlightened

You going to USM? My alma mater /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I got a history degree there way back in the late 80's. You'll love Portland - it's a great little city.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you've got a flashlight problem or compulsion your in the right place. This is a support group , but it's not the kind of support you might be expecting. We are here to encourage you, but yes to encourage you to buy more lights, you've only just begun, and although it seems like you just spent a lot of money, isn't that pretty powerful light going to be really lonesome without some other lights to keep it company. If your going to look at a map in the dark of night you might need something a bit more subtle, what about for emergency signaling, your car breaks down, your off the road, you need something with staying power, how about there is a power outage, you might need something that would double as a candle, how about the type of lights you can actually carry with you, yea the Every Day Carry or edc for short, you can't stick an m6 in your pants. You have just dropped your car keys between the seats in your car and it's dark, or you went to the movie theater and you've lost your wallet in the movie theater, what you going to use then, well , you can see you might need more than one, stick around and you will find more reasons than you can possibly imagine for you to just keep on buying, and remember you might just get tired of some of them and want some new blood just to play with.

RevDavid

Enlightened

I used to love looking at the stars in Maine... it was so dark up there...

Now with you two with your big lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

...probably as tough as nights with a full moon.

David <><

richpalm

Banned

[ QUOTE ]
sigp6 said:
Actually, I have a really old 6P that I got second hand (thanks to the U.S. Army Night Stalkers) and I love it. I took it camping with me last weekend and was so impressed with it I looked into Surefire and ended up here. My wife is going to kill me when she finds out. I guess I can blind her with it and hide it while she's recovering so she can't send it back........

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif That's why you gotta fix it so you 1) hope that it arrives when she is asleep or not home or 2) go to the post office and get it before the carrier brings it to the house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome aboard! You'll learn all kinds of tricks! M6-nothing like starting at the top and working down! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif First Surefire was a Z2-two months later it grew to 16 Surefires on the shelf... you're for it now!

Rich

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi-

Woa you did start at the top, but it's alot cheaper to feed the M6 these days then when I bought mine.

keithhr is right, now you should think of getting an pocketable EDC light.

GregR

sigp6

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the umm, "support" guys. I can see that it's going to be tough to buy new lights with you guys "intervening" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. Keithr, I can conceive of a different light for everything - "But honey, I NEED a light for when the wind is out of the south east....."
David, I promise to keep the light pollution down when you're in Maine.
GregR, I think I'm going to get an Arc AAA for EDC.
Rich, I had the M6 delivered to work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif to give me time to work on my wife....

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast

While you are getting the Arc AAA, get their LS as well, you won't regret it. Those are very solid lights with very amazing output for their size. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

As you can probably tell by now, this is a Feed the Addiction forum. hehehe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened

This Forum needs a theme song. May I be so bold, as to suggest "BLINDED BY THE LIGHT". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
oldgrandpajack

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tom, seriously, you are probably going to find that one edc just won't do, as I've found, I probably have 5 or more that edc that I simply rotate into use, it's easier that way. If you go to the blade forums, you will find some really sick people because they don't even usually cut anything with their knives, we at least turn our flashlights on, heh, heh,

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tom,
Tom,
Step away from the flashlights. In fact...mail all that you have to me. I will protect you from this devastating disease...trust only me.....send me your flashlights....send me your flashlights.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

On a serious note...this place has tons of great information freely handed out by really decent folks.

Mike

JOshooter

Enlightened

(In a monotonous group voice) Hi Tom.

This is a group of about 5 thousand? people interested in the developing flashlight technology. Many people signed up after the 2003 Blackout and I'm not sure how many since Hurricane Isabel. There are meny forums all with their purpose, it may take you a while to learn about what forum has what sort of information in it and where to post what, but in the end you will love this place.

RevDavid

Enlightened

Thanks Tom...
Dark skies can be a blessing at times...

I don't know what kind of work you do...
but I do know you need a worklight... (maybe two)

And you should have a light for your car... and a spare.

And you need an emergency household light... and a couple of spares, just to be safe.

Oh, and you will need a fishing light. If you don't fish, start fishing. And get a spare light.

About hunting.. refer to fishing lights.

You should get a nice "Sunday" light you can take to church.
Also get a spare for when you bring a guest. Be prepared in case you bring a couple of guests.

You should get a great light to surprise intruders, in case you ever have any. Better get a spare. You can never be too careful.

You will probably need a few lights for vacation.

You should also have some lights put away somewhere in case you need them.

By the way... you should get a backup light for that M6. You just never know...

Enjoy the habit! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

David <><

PS Get some spare batteries.

David <><