UV Led light for cat pee.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
im looking for a decent UV light....................

mainly we will be using it for cat pee.......my wife is a Veterinarian...and we do a lot of fostering baby kitties here at home.....so having a good UV light is essential for us....so since our crappy little florescent UV tube light broke im looking for something better...AND cooler!!!

but im wanting to make sure i can actually use one standing up or will i need to be on my hands and knees to have the light right on the carpet to see anything........

thanks for your input!!

:D

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Re: Streamlight LED w/ laser?

This is just me thinking out loud here but how about changing your title?
Replace laser with UV.
Or totally changing it to UV light needed to hunt urine! LoL
I clicked the thread ready to talk about weapon lights.........

Last edited:

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened

Post deleted. Violation of Rule 8.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

The best UV lights for urine detection are the ones that produce the highest contrast, i.e. the shortest wavelength. The 3C Twintask UV strikes a good balance between short wavelength and modest price. However you might have just as much success with a simple $10 portable fluorescent UV light. You can find these at Wally World and other outlets. They use a 4 watt FT4BLB lamp and also produce the classic 365nm blacklight wavelength, which results in good contrast between the stain and the surrounding carpet.

Try to avoid the 395-405nm "Near UV" leds as they produce so much visible purple light that the contrast is greatly reduced.

Enlightened

I have something to contribute, but I am going to work, reply ya later so hold on if you are close to buying something UV from your local convenience store. :) (I'm like on the opposite side of the world).

blub

Enlightened

Peak LED sells all of their lights in UV. I have a brass Kilimanjaro? 1AA

LilKevin715

Enlightened

I own the mentioned Streamlight and its pretty good so long as the color of the surface isn't too dark. Assuming your carpet is light-colored the streamlight would be fine.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

BryDaddy, you are in violation of Rule 8. Any further complaints regarding a moderators actions and you will be on a vacation from CPF for awhile. I am closing this thread.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.