• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: **Triple XM-L** Custom D Mag

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened
I never thought Id say this till now, but I think its actually possible to have to much light available from a single handheld flashlight. I hate to sell this unique masterpiece but I need to raise money to pursue another rather expensive hobby... aviation.:grin2:

Those familiar with Lambda's Mag mods and his VaraController infinitely adjustable drivers, will be delighted to own this custom "one-off" flashlight that he built. I was lucky enough to be alerted to the sale of this unique light through a friend before anyone else swept it up. I've put it through only one single discharge of NIMH use and its still in the same as new condition as when it arrived to me. Its incredibly bright but I simply don't have much need for this much power. The beam pattern is best described as a massive flood light with a good amount of throw, typical of the XM-L beam pattern, but with about 3 times the hot spot and spill. Estimated around 2500 lumens.

Build details:

Custom Copper/Aluminum heat sink allows 3 XM-L's to be driven at full power.
hydra02.jpg

Custom Infinitely adjustable brightness control knob (operates just like a dimmer).
hydraxml1-600x396.jpg

Lambda's VaraController PCB.
hydra01.jpg

Three Cree XM-L T6; matching set, all with the same Vf
hydraxml2.jpg

Silver 2D Mag host modified to accept 3C NIMH cells.

Three IMS SO20XA reflectors direct the light forward into a nice broad hot spot.

Equipped with the thicker UCL glass needed for this mod; I don't think it's available anymore.

Strip of Alien Skin GITD vinyl which was applied between the control and head... so you can find it in the dark.

Equipped with modified tailcap, spring and D to C cell adapter tube to accommodate 3C cells. (Batteries not included but available for $25 additional – qty of 3 brand new Tenergy NIMH cells with only one discharge cycle used to test this light)

Beamshots:

This Tripple XML VaraPower Mag for sale (3C Cell full power)
HVPXML1.jpg

and for comparison purposes
SST-90 Varapower Mag (3D Cell full power)
VP2K65003D1.jpg

Price includes USPS priority shipping (US 48 only)

$350 shipped in the lower 48 if using the PayPal gift option - light & batteries

OR...

$325 shipped in the lower 48 if using the PayPal gift option - light only

PayPal goods OK but add 4% for fees.

Main post edited:

The sale was originally for US domestic sale only. I've decided to allow International shipping if buyer pays insurance, tracking and shipping expenses. I can help find the most cost effective way to ship to your particular location. It shouldn't be too much for a package that weighs approximately 5 pounds.

Please PM me your address and for my PayPal email info.

Thank you.

Last edited:

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: Custom Lambda Triple XM-L Maglite

Wow...really impressive light.

You have 33 modes with the VARAcontrol. From 1 lumen to probably over 2500 real OTF.

The custom board, copper heatsink, matching Vf on XM-L's, the control knob, wow......................

Free bump.
bigC

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened

Thanks bigC,

This was very carefully thought out and well made. The variable power controller is definitely needed on a light with this many lumens so you can dial in just the amount of light needed. Without it, you'd be blinded by having to much (or to little) light 99% of the time. The beam shots tell the story and the output is quite amazing. Id never sell it because he only made one of these, but I need the money for aircraft parts.:naughty:

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened

Sooo nice. Too bad you're out of europe. Good luck on your sale!

Thanks, Ive thought it over...

Main post edited:

The sale was originally for US domestic sale only. I've decided to allow International shipping if buyer pays insurance, tracking and shipping expenses. I can help find the most cost effective way to ship to your particular location. It shouldn't be too much for a package that weighs approximately 5 pounds.

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened

All messages replied to. Possible sale pending from several very interested members but no money yet, so its still available. I read messages in the order in which they are received and will sell the light accordingly. Early bird gets the worm so hurry if you want it. :grin2:

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened

I asked your question to the person who built it and have his reply: "Not really. Water can enter around the knob, but I've used my VaraPower in the rain by keeping the knob pointing down so no water could get in. "

I can add that the tollerences between the knob and body is quite a tight fit, with the knob being sunken into the body.

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened

Mid week bump.:thumbsup: Replied to all PM's.

Pontiaker

Enlightened

Wondering if your interested in a trade for a huge lot of flight simulator stuff? Three sets of controls, single stick, double sticks and steering wheel controlled, huge bunch of CD computer discs, manuals, etc....I would go straight across on the light and can send you some pics of everything if your interested let me know.
Thanks
Matt
[email protected]

stallion2

Enlightened

that light is bad as hell....i'm further impressed w/ the price, i figured that would be upwards of twice what you're asking. AWESOME LIGHT!!! g'luck w/ your sale.

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened

Wondering if your interested in a trade for a huge lot of flight simulator stuff? Three sets of controls, single stick, double sticks and steering wheel controlled, huge bunch of CD computer discs, manuals, etc....I would go straight across on the light and can send you some pics of everything if your interested let me know.
Thanks
Matt
[email protected]
Thanks for your kind offer Matt but Im trying to raise cash at the moment.

that light is bad as hell....i'm further impressed w/ the price, i figured that would be upwards of twice what you're asking. AWESOME LIGHT!!! g'luck w/ your sale.
Thanks. Its quite an amazing and well engineered light that I couldnt build myself for the money. Im surprized that this wasnt snatched up within hours of posting.

Run time on high?
I dont actually know. I got about 1.5 hours of intermittent use while messing around with the variable output controller on brand new (safe) nimh batteries that still need to be broken in. In all honesty, its simply to bright for my purposes. For a true flashaholic, this should please the most jaded of them all.:huh:

Pontiaker

Enlightened

I would really like to have it but Iam in the same boat! BTTT for ya and a super cool light/price.

FlashPilot

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Pontiaker. The beam pattern reminds me of HPS stadium lighting. Whoever would have thought that LED technology would have reached this level? Just amazing... :eek:

Xuen7

Newly Enlightened

damn it man.. why are all the good stuff not shipped internationally.. sigh.............

Nos

Enlightened

damn it man.. why are all the good stuff not shipped internationally.. sigh.............

Now it is beeing shipped internationally :p

free bumb, for such a great light!