Quick review of Pro Polymers

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
I got my Pro Polymers from Bright Guy today. (They actually arrived at work last week but this was my first day back. Really good service!) The first thing I noticed about the LED model is that the array is different than the one on the Streamlight web site. Mine has seven leds on the perimeter and 3 clustered in the center. When I removed the head to put in the batts I noticed that the chrome plating on the led module was missing from about half the surface. This had me nervous but it did not seem to affect the operation. As for operation, both lights work very nicely. the LED is pure white and bright as heck. My wife picked it and made the mistake of looking at the array when she turned it on. Here immediate comment was "Don't look into light with remaining eye".
shocked.gif
Overall it is a good area light with 100% saturation. The Xenon model compliments the led light well as it is more of a spot light. I was able to light up a driveway reflector about 2/10ths of a mile away without a problem. All in all, these lights make for a nice pair. The plastic bodies and dual activation switches (tail cap and rotating head) blow away my old Maglite
smile.gif

Chris

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris,
Don't worry about the missing reflector surface. On my SL Septor headlamp, the 1st thing you do is take out the reflector to improve the output. If I could take it off the Clipmate, I would. Fortunately, the reflector on the 3C doesn't mess up the output. Probably the cheapest way to go here would be to buy the LED model & the Xenon lamp. Then just install the one you need. TX

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Chris T:
Pro Polymer ...has seven leds on the perimeter and 3 clustered in the center
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hmmm. So, it has 10 LEDs?

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by txwest:
Chris,
Don't worry about the missing reflector surface. On my SL Septor headlamp, the 1st thing you do is take out the reflector to improve the output
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I was a little unclear here. The missing plating is on the outside of the module. I thought it would affect the electrical circuit at first glance but it does not.

Chris

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Ratso:
Are the Xenon and LED interchangeable? If so, AWESOME!!!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes! I just swapped both lamp assemblies. The 3c Xenon will work on the 3c LED and vice versa. If you don't mind unscrewing the head to change assemblies you can just buy one light and a replacement bulb at the same time. This won't work for me because my wife always wants her own light.

Chris

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
Ratso: I think Streamlight sells the replacement assembly as well as the bulb.

Chris