Looking for a small pile of P4s on stars

Rando

Enlightened
I'm looking for 10-15 reasonably bright LEDs on stars to mount as permanent lighting inside a cabinet. I did this with my gun safe several years ago using these emitters and these heat sinks on an 8xD battery pack. I'll probably do the same thing except with a 12v PC power supply this time. Anyone know where I can get P4s on a star for less than $3.56 each? I'm trying to keep the price down. For $70+ I might as well go with something like rope lighting.

Thanks

Brian10962001

Newly Enlightened
PC power supply seems a bit overboard, you should be able to get a stand alone supply that runs around 3 to 5 volts, one for a router or something similar should be useable.

Rando

Enlightened
I had considered using that because I already have an ancient 100 watt ATX power supply. Good enough for these lights but not big enough for anything remotely modern. Isn't even big enough to have a cooling fan. At any rate, I'm going to end up going with rope lighting due to economy. I'd hoped that I could find some P4s cheap enough to use them but that doesn't look like it's going to be the case.

kevinm

Enlightened
By "cheap enough", you might want to mention you were looking for $2 each. Maybe someone has some to get rid of around that price.

Kevin

Rando

Enlightened
Excellent suggestion, although as I mentioned above I'm not looking for P4s any longer. Hope you're successful finding someone to buy your P4s for retail though.