experience with Klarus ST20, super low mode (2 lumens)

coachclass

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I really like the ".6 lumen" mode on the Quark AA^2. The Klarus ST20 also has a super low mode, but it's at 2.0 lumens. I don't have the Klarus.

How much do you think the two flashlights' low modes actually differ. I wonder if they just give a low number to these modes and not really measure them accurately? Would the Klarus' 2.0 lumens be about three times brighter than the Quark's 0.6 lumens, or would variability between batches of flashlights pretty much throw those estimates out the window?

edit link:
http://www.light-reviews.com/klarus_st20/

In this review, the reviewer said that Klarus' super low didn't work correctly, and that it's actually the same as the low mode. Anyone have experience with this?

afdk

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I really like the ".6 lumen" mode on the Quark AA^2. The Klarus ST20 also has a super low mode, but it's at 2.0 lumens. I don't have the Klarus.

How much do you think the two flashlights' low modes actually differ. I wonder if they just give a low number to these modes and not really measure them accurately? Would the Klarus' 2.0 lumens be about three times brighter than the Quark's 0.6 lumens, or would variability between batches of flashlights pretty much throw those estimates out the window?

edit link:
http://www.light-reviews.com/klarus_st20/

In this review, the reviewer said that Klarus' super low didn't work correctly, and that it's actually the same as the low mode. Anyone have experience with this?

I have a fenix LD01S, it has a 2 lumen mode, let me say it's very dim and I'm using a primary lithium AAA cell! Don't let the 2 lumen mode scare you!

coachclass

Newly Enlightened
Great, thanks. I really like the low low modes. There's just so many instances when I don't want a huge amount of light. I was just having a hard time deciding if 2 lumens is good, or if it'll be too bright and wake people up.

Thanks.

Deal4

Enlightened
Hi coachclass,
I have the Klarus ST20 and I just love this light! It's my favorite 2 AA light. It has a great beam and decent throw. It is very bright for a 2 AA light! :thumbsup:
You said you saw a review that the low, low mode was the same as the normal low.
I do not have that problem with eneloop AA, but just to check, I put in a pair of Enegizer lithium batteries and with that combo it is true that the two low modes are the same.
I always use eneloops with mine and the super low mode is very nice! I always use it for late night trips to the bathroom!:rolleyes:
I also have the Zebralight SC51 which has an ultra low mode of .2 lumens and it is dimmer, but I still use my Klarus alot at night when I check on my two boys and it doesn't wake them up.
Everyone has different likes and dislikes so I can't tell you if it will be low enough for you, but it is nice and low.
Bottom line, the Klarus ST20 is a great light! You can't go wrong with it!:)
Shad