Nitecore DI... Why do I still like it so much?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is it about this light?
I just... like it so much. What's with that?
The light is like 3 years old, and in the flashlight world, that makes it about 87 flashlight years.
I just ordered two more. Why?
I can't quite figure it out.

Anyone else have this issue with the NDI?

Lolaralph

Enlightened
I too like these lights, I also ordered from the Aussy sale, good deal! I fried the boost circuit in my original one and am sending it back to nitecore for repairs, I wouldn't do this for many other lights.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ditto here. Always the light I grab first for a task or backup on walk. Must have something to do with the responsive clicky and simple UI. I added a clip to mine and it's much easy to carry now.

Nicrod

Flashaholic
How bout some pics. So those of us who don't know, may marvel
At the glory of this light??

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
There're very few lights that offer mode selection via ramping and NDI is one of the very first, if not the first. A great AA thrower of its time.
Coupled with the forward clicky, tactical design, responsive switch, simple head-twist 2 modes and the ability to take all formats of AA batts, these made me own 4 of them now.

Southpaw1969

Newly Enlightened
I love this light too. It's been my EDC now for several months. I liked it so much, I got my dad one. It may not be the brightest out there, but the form factor is great, it looks nice, uses all AA formats, has good run time, and the ability to have max brightness with momentary on and quick access to a user defined low is very handy.

They also supply a very nice, useful lanyard. So far, this light has been great. I also think they did a good job on the beam. Very useful for general purposes.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do love the UI of this light. One thing I truely dislike on lights is when you push the button for on, and then let it go off and quickly turn it on again, the level changes (like a lot of 4 sevens, and I do like 4 sevens lights). I like the fact that I can twist the head to have a low beam, have no pre-flash when it comes on. Turn it off and tighten the head and the next time she comes on, it's on max. The form factor is so cool on it as well. This was something I liked on the S3, you could adjust the brightness BEFORE you turned it on. Would love to see the NDI with a new engine in the future, keeping everything else the same, but even as it is, it kicks out more than enough light for most purposes.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bout some pics. So those of us who don't know, may marvel
At the glory of this light??

ndi.jpg

azzid

Newly Enlightened
^:rock:

This just proves that a simple U.I., design and quality makes a light really useful and lovable. Owned once since It was released and never had any problems with it.

Last edited:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice pic, i dont have a NDI but a NEX same ui, still my fav goto light, and i still think one of the most efficient circuits out there - its a batt vamp which is great, and runs on max nicely without cooking itself.
I will be buying another one to keep stashed away for/if mine ever dies ??

Q- why have they not updated these classic lights ? ive just recieved an XML led thats going in my Q5 extreme for a nice update :)

more pics please :)

njet212

Enlightened
@Zeruel:

Is that a custom clip that you have on your NDI ?? I've been looking a decent clip for NDI..