e1eha bulb on a 2x123 power pak / will it work

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
It's very interesting - everyone should try it at least once!

(I did) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

POOF! is about what happens.

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried an MN01 with a 3.7v Pila and it was really bright for about a millisecond. Nice flash though.

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

You can use a SureFire battery spacer and your MN01 lamp assembly in your 2-cell body.

Dan

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Yet more evidence that Dan never sleeps...

I'm glad I saw this thread... I was tempted to try it myself - okay, no more experimenting for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Jim

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

PieThatCorner,

you never sleep, either! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif How have you been?
Dan

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Just looking for a battery spacer now, that's all... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I tried an MN01 with a 3.7v Pila and it was really bright for about a millisecond. Nice flash though.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif - sorry Chop, that was actually quite funny... but didn't realize that the 3.7v Pila would put you over the limit. Hmmmmm... me thinks me gonna leave my E1e alone for now.

-Jim

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want low output on an E2e, or an E1e for that matter, you need look no further than a KL1. It puts out about the same output as the mn01. If you don't like the color, swapping the LED for another is quite easy. This will give you a good 4 hour runtime on two batts. When you get tired of bumping into things that you didn't see for lack of light, you can have it overdriven.