• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS (SOLD): McGizmo Makai - Neutral XP-G 1.2Amp

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
For sale is a beautiful Makai 1x123 XP-G. In my opinion the finish on this light is in excellent to near mint condition except for a tiny ding on the head (pictured below).

I received this light in a trade but it's just not for me. Contains a cool white XP-G which is very white, the reflector has great throw - even driven at 660mA it will still out throw every XPG light I have.I had the pieces already ordered to give this light a little boost. The LED has been converted to a XP-G R4 5C1 neutral tint. The driver has been boosted to a Sandwiche Shoppe GDuP programmed at level 25/350/1200 mA. I fully potted the driver and LED in the light engine for best heat trensfer. Light is fully functional on both CR123a (1.5Amp measured at tailcap) and RCR123/16340 (1Amp measured at tailcap).

First posted "I'll take it" gets it.

Price: $450 SOLD via PayPal Purchase only. I absorb fees and will include CONUS Priority with DC or Int'l First Class (no tracking). Other shipping options will be extra - please PM me.

Makai_01.JPG

Makai_02.JPG

Makai_03.JPG

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: WTS: McGizmo Makai - cool white thrower

Wow - I'm kinda surprised. Not even a single view on a McGizmo light in 24 hours.

....Friday Bump..... :)

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's gotta be it. Everyone's got Javascript and flash disabled after the RSA hack information was announced.......

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

One more bump for the weekend. Going to keep this up for another day or two and then Withdraw if it has not sold.

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

:takeit:

PM coming up - I knew I had saved away money in my PP account for something.

Out of curiosity why would it pull more from a CR123a - and would it be safe to presume it would pull much closer to 1.5A on an AW 17670 (on a 2-pak).

:paypal:

I need to be careful with my 2-paks - but right now the only head I have that takes 2xcr123s (not rcrs) is a 6V Makai LED in a Haiku head.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

PM replied.

As noted above it pulls 1.5A on a CR123/CR123a primary cell. On an IMR16340 it pulls about 1.0A, so on a 2-pack with a 17670 I would imagine the pull would be about 1.0A or a touch lower. But DO NOT run the light with two primary CR123 cells on a 2-pak. The GDuP is only rated up to 4.2V.

This light is sold - thank you.

Last edited: