Nitecore SR3 XML

AmperSand

Enlightened
Just finished swapping a Cree XML T6 into my Nitecore SR3 and thought I would share.
Quite happy with the results. Didn't have to do anything bar solder the emitter in, no stuffing around with the reflector or centring issues whatsoever.

Few pics

picture1fz.jpg

imageyfz.jpg

imagepxs.jpg

imageemna.jpg

imageaujx.jpg

Going to have a bit of a play with it tonight and compare against some of my other flashlights and see how it fairs.

Houdiny

Newly Enlightened
I had to revive this thread because I'm getting a SR3 out of 47s garage sale.
How easy was it to get the head open? Did you heat it up?
And yeah, euroken was right, beamshots would be nice. And what about the runtime and estimated output on max?

Regards,
Martin

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Disassembly is as easy as unscrewing the bezel and dropping the innards out of the head. A couple screws later and your in. My neutral modded SR3 is peaking at 450+ lumens and settles to right around 390-400 lumens after 3-5 minutes. No beamshots for me, but it is typical of an XM-L in a mid size reflector. There is a large hotspot, but it is still more flood than throw. More like a fire hydrant than a garden hose if you catch my analogy.

-DF

Houdiny

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, thank you DF.
The second I got my SR3 today I tried to open the head. I was truly surprised about how easy it was to get to the emitter (my Ti Quark was really hard to open).
A few minutes ago I succeeded in equipping the SR3 with a high CRI XPG-Q2 LED. I am pleasantly surprised by the result.
If you guys wanna see some beamshots, feel free to ask and I'm gonna post them here tomorrow.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Juet reviving this thread, how r these lights gettin on ? any more modded sr3's out there ? think i have to get one now, is there a tougher single cr123 light ?

Acid87

Enlightened
Glad this thread was revived. I took out the innards when I put it back in the modes are all goosed. It starts high to strobe the low to mid. Really confused how ive messed up the light. Help?

Acid87

Enlightened
Update light fixed. Must be important to put the parts back together a certain way. I've never tried to mod anything how easy is this mod?

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
very easy ! ive done the same to my extreme, steady hand with a soldering iron, 2 wires, jobs a gooden. worth the upgrade from the q5's and r2's figure about 50% more brightness ish

tacticalj

Newly Enlightened
Where does a guy get the bulb from? I've got one that's pretty much gonna get retired when my new light gets here and I'd be interested in doing the mod. It does make a difference how you put it back together, in order for the mag ring to work properly. I found that out by doing it wrong a time or two and then getting it right later. Thanks, Jason

jalibass

Newly Enlightened
zs&tas.... Could you give a walk through on where to get the best xm-l led and how to upgrade an extreme?