Neutron 1C vs Incendio V3+ vs Nitecore EX 11

yatsunil

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. Been lurking a while and checking out all your lights. :eek:oo: Now I'm considering buying another 1x16340 light. I currently have the Romisen RC C6II and ITP A1. Don't have any specific requirements - using it for EDC and occasional attachment to my folding bike (via twofish block) for commutes lasting less than an hour. The neutron is attractive due to its XML emitter, the Incendio quotes the highest lumens rating of 370lm while the EX11 boasts smart piston drive and ramping. Pricing wise, they're all about the same. So what's your take? Any comments and recommendation are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

srfreddy

Enlightened
The Thrunite 1C is the next on my short list, due to its high output and floodiness. Selfbuilt measured the 1C at 310 lumens on CR123, 450 on RCR123, for ANSI numbers. Bonus is that its coming out in neutral! :kiss: :broke:

HIDblue

Enlightened
I have both the Neutron 1C and the CPF Edition Icendio V3. Both are great lights, but I would give the edge to the 1C. Nice floody beam with the XM-L and, to my untrained eyes, the 1C seems brighter than the Incendio. The Incendio has a smaller more defined hotspot while the 1C has a floody beam. Tint on both is more towards slightly neutral. Plus, the build quality of the 1C just looks and feels better...and the nice little touches like the stainless steel bezel, nice anodizing, etc., just add to it.

One of the few downfalls of the 1C is the squishy reverse clicky, while the Incendio has a nice forward clicky with good tactile feel...hope this helps.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have all three.

I would not consider EX11 because a protected RCR123 cell can easily make the action of the piston a bit difficult being generally slightly longer than a primary. In my specimen I had to try many cells before I find the one that fits well. Also there is the problem of a somewhat high parasitic drain.

I love my Incendio V3 but I have to say that also in my case I vote for Neutron 1C. Its wide and powerful beam makes it ideal for EDC and the level selection is easy.

yatsunil

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input guys. Looks like 3 and 0 for the neutron so far. Keep the comments coming!

flashflood

Enlightened
Thanks for the input guys. Looks like 3 and 0 for the neutron so far. Keep the comments coming!

OK! Of the three you mentioned, I only have the Neutron 1C, but I can vouch for its awesomeness. Currently my favorite EDC.

apurva

Newly Enlightened

Wow! you have made quite a selection here! I have exactly these three lights in my EDC shortlist, along with the V10R. The magnetic ring of the V10R has gotten a lot of praise around here, and I love the design. I haven't decided yet, but since I am a sucker for tiny lights and good aesthetics, I am tilting towards the EX11.2. I like the steel bezel, (though the 1C has a cooler one), the EX11.2 is the smallest of the 4 (about 1mm smaller than the Incendio :p ) and I like the titanium clip they make for it. Though its the least brightest of the 3 you are looking at. But since I am going to be using 3.0V LiFePO4 batteries and not 3.7V RCRs, I guess the light output would be quite similar for all.

Still not totally decided though, so will keep an eye on this thread, while I am off to get my Quark MiniX first ;)

bedazzLED

Enlightened
I've got those three lights and if I had to put them in order of which I would prefer, it would be:

1. Neutron 1C by a country mile! It's brighter, floodier, feels more robust.
2. Incendio V3. Quite bright, gets a little toasty after a while.
3. Nitecore EX11.2 is built quite nice but nowhere near as bright as the other two.

tallyram

Newly Enlightened
Another vote for the 1C. The Neutron series is built well and the 1C and 1A are very bright using lithium ion rechargeables. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the floody beam looks. Tons of usable light!

Lighteous

Enlightened
I have both the Neutron 1C and the Nitecore EX 11. In my opinion the Neutron 1C is the hands-down winner between the two. I use a rechargeable in both but the Neutron is much brighter--as it should be since it uses an XM-L.

joe1512

Enlightened
I really like my itp A1 and am wondering if there is an XM-L light that could replace it.

The neutron 1c looks great, but it is also an entire 1 inch longer than my A1, plus I prefer twisty for my pocket.

Any ideas?

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the 1C... I don't have the other lights, but I don't do Nitecore anymore and the 1C does everything I need an EDC to do... plus its beam is AWESOME...

Shao

yatsunil

Newly Enlightened
Just an update. I finally decided on the Neutron 1C and this was made all the sweeter by my local dealer (fstoplight) having them on sale this month. It arrived this morning and I'm loving it already! Has all the levels I need/want. Two main nitpicks I have are that the high pitched whine is obvious when the light is on medium and high. Thank god it's absent on Turbo! Also, I really wish it came with a clip :(

Other than that, I'm really pleased and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a 1x16340 XML light.

pellgarlic

Newly Enlightened
yatsunil, seeing as you've reached your decision, i hope you don't mind if keelhaul your thread and take it on a slightly different tack? =P i'm looking at a similar set of three lights, except in place of the incendio, i'm looking at the 4sevens quark 123 (regular, single cr123).

i've got a quark mini aa (the only "real" torch i own except for my itp a3 eos =P), and i love that little light, so i expect similar quality from the regular size quark.

as far as i can tell (i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong on any point), the regular quark also has going for it: current controlled "low" modes (better efficiency than pwm, which the other lights use). great super-low "moonlight" mode. "lego-able" in case one day i decide i really want a forward-clicky instead of a reverse clicky.

of the other two, the neutron 1c really inspires me for it's super-low "firefly" mode (comparable to quark's "moonlight" mode). walloping high of 255 lumens. but on the downside, it's a bit bigger than the other lights (i'm looking for something "jeans-pocketable"), and the comment on this thread about the fact that the battery makes direct contact with the pcb rather than with a more robust metal "pill" did also concern me: (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?315743-New-Toys!).

the other thing that might colour my own decision about which light to go for in the end, is that i intend using plain ol' primary CR123s, not rechargeables. i know it's been said that you can get better performance, yada-yada, but i want to keep things as simple as possible, and going to CR123s from AAs is a big enough step for me just now =D

i think i'm leaning towards the quark, but wanted to see what others thought of the points above, if they think i'm making too much of any of them, or even if they think i'm really missing another cracking alternative...