QRK tactical: which 2 settings?

Nicrod

Flashaholic
Hello, my fellow quark owners! I'm really excited, I just received my new
AA tactical s2 today and just wanted to share my excitement with u guys.
I'm really glad to own an s2 despite the negative feedback going around.
At first I was scared to order thinking I would receive a really " green" colored
Light. But pulled the trig anyway, and I'll tell ya I'm glad I did. It's really not that
Bad IMO.
Any one have their .02¢ to add about s2?
And also what do u guys use the most for ur two settings?
Mine are:
Bezel tight-max
Bezel loose-med

TyJo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: QRKtactical:what are ur 2 settings?

My bedside light/candle is a Quark AA2 Warm, it gets the most use out of my quarks and its usually set Tight = Medium, Loose = Moonlight. My others are set Tight = Max, Loose = Low.

wellu

Newly Enlightened

18650 with 1232 Turbo head:

Tight = moonlight
Loose = turbo

Last edited:

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've been a flashaholic for years, but my wife is not one at all. My kids & I love the "Regular" UI best for our quarks, so we can have access to all the brightness levels without reprogramming the light. My wife can't stand that type of UI. She also hates how bright & blinding my lights are (ha!) and had asked repeatedly for a light that she could just click the dang button & have it come on at a useable level that wasn't so blinding. Soooooo I got her a quark AA2 tactical, and have it programmed - tight is set at medium and loose is set at max.....I don't think she's ever loosened the head, and even though I've told her about it I don't even think she remembers that there's another setting....I bet one day she'll see me or one of our kids using it on max, and then wonder where HER light is.

Darvis

Enlightened

Tight= High (not Turbo, but one step down)
Loose= Moonlight

Close to 100 lumens @ 5 hours runtime vs 180 at 42 minutes, I find high fits all practical needs with a nice bit of sick runtime...

wellu

Newly Enlightened

Tight= High (not Turbo, but one step down)
Loose= Moonlight

Close to 100 lumens @ 5 hours runtime vs 180 at 42 minutes, I find high fits all practical needs with a nice bit of sick runtime...

I would program it that way also (or maybe even Moonlight/med) if using primaries, or for a camping/hunting trip etc. But as long as I'm using rechargables and I'm at home having access to unlimited reloads... No reason to hold it back.

Last edited:

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tight=Max
Loose=Medium
on a AA2 light..........

Tight=High
Loose=Low
on a single AA because the difference between high and max on the single AA light is only 20 lumens.

Warp

Enlightened

I have a 123^2 Q5, and have EDC'd it for awhile now.

Tight = Max (always)
Loose = low or strobe, depending

Low is handy for around the house, movie theaters, finding things you drop in the dark outside where max would have you seeing dots, etc, but the strobe is good for getting people's attention, being visible, slight disorientation, etc.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

My Turbo 123³:
Tight = turbo
Loose = moonlight

With 45 days of runtime, why would I ever turn it off? I can always find 'er in the dark!

tmackie

Newly Enlightened

18650 Body with 123^2 Tactical Head

Tight - Turbo
Loose - Moonlight

mbw_151

Enlightened
When I run my Quark tactical heads on AA cells, I run medium in the tight position and high in the loose position. Turbo doesn't buy much performance on an AA and drains the cell faster. I use these lights as loaners and for general tasks around the house. The UI is easy to explain. All the users other than myself don't understand the value of "low". All I get is, "this isn't very bright, is the battery dead?" I've given up trying to explain so they get medium. I use a regular Quark so I have easy access to all the levels.

Last edited: