[Olight M20S 340lm Tactical light]Polarity protection failing. Production Fault ????

wenoi6

Newly Enlightened
Hello all,
I just discovered a strange issue with my Olight M20S. It appears to be that the Polarity Protection is failing! (Production Fault????)

This is what happened:

At first light was working well and giving a bunch of light.

Then I placed the batteries wrong (- and + switched). Ofcourse the light didn;t turned on. I placed the batteries right again.
Now when I turn on the light, I see its only giving about 100 lumens of light on the highest mode! I'm very disappointed :confused:

It appears to be the LED core from the CREE S2 LED is damaged. I can notice this by:
- Just looking when the light is turned off: I see clearly a silver edge on the led, which first wasn't there;
- When I put a sunglasses on I can see a part of the LED is not working, and another part is emitting light very low, and a third part is emitting light normally.

So it appears to be that the polarity protection is not working well, which is NOT acceptable for a Military spec light

I tried to report this issue to olight, but I got no comment expect I could return the light.

Does anyone else has similar experiences?

Does anyone has Ideas how to get olight working on this issue?
I not only want a new light, I want also olight to acknowledge, and solve this problem in there prodection