Help Fenix TK35, Eagletac M2C4 or 4Sevens S12 ie 800 lumens plus

DeliveryD

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I'm a bit of a newbie but already own 3 Fenix and 2 LED Lenser but I'd like some advice please

I'm looking for a flashlight to take out camping, evening/night walks and just messing around with my kids.

I want something very bright, which is why the 800 Lumens plus and reasonable small and light so it is not a chore to carry.

I've recently been looking at web sites and made a shortlist of the FENIX TK35 CREE XM-L, EAGLETAC M3C4 CREE XM-L LED and the 4Sevens Maelstrom S12. Here in the UK The TK35 is cheaper and the other 2 are about the same. There does not seem to be anywhere close that I could actually go and look at them.

So with your knowledge which one would you recommend or is there a better alternative?

Thanks in advance

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are very different lights.

First you need to decide on battery. The TK35 and M3C4 use 18650 cells while the S12 uses a 26650 cell.

Next you need to decide on throw vs flood. The M3C4 far out-throws the other two. The S12 is more of a floody light and the TK35 is in between the two.

Finally, be aware that the S12 throttles the brightness down and only makes about 400 lumens after it has been on for about 5 minutes.

Also, if size is a concern, the S12 is quite a bit smaller than the other two.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think TK35 is the beat compromise - cheap, bright, fairly small and light, useful beam, nice UI.