Your thoughts - EagleTac P20C2 MKII XP-G S2 500 Lumen LED Flashlight

yovwmon

Newly Enlightened
I am very close to buying the EagleTac P20C2 MKII XP-G S2 500 Lumen LED Flashlight, please provide your opinion?

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hello Yovwmon,
They are not available yet but will be next week as far as I'm told. The first model was impressive and the latest model is going to be a hit.
You may want to wait a few weeks until everyone gets a good first impression before buying. CPF is Great for telling weather a flashlight is a good buy or not.

Klingsteve

Newly Enlightened
Pull the trigger. You WILL NOT be disappointed. It is a fantastic light, you get lots of "goodies" with it, and don't forget the option to easily change the module. I have one and simply love it. It has gone to the top of my EDC rotation.

Streamer

Enlightened
Mine is a very nice white with a hint of cool but no green.

I don't mean to keep harping on the greenish topic, BUT there was a Quark User who returned his S2 version because of the green tint. Also, I read on CPF comments about the S2 emitters being hit or miss in terms of color tints. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of the P20C2 S2's Mark II's, but now hesitate waiting to hear from the new buyers about this possible issue.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the Quarks, it wasn't every one that was green. They were calling it the tint lottery because some were good and some were greenish. 7% wasn't all that noticeable an increase in a 206 lumen flashlight. As for the eagletac, a 50+ otf increase would be noticed in a side by side comparison.
I'll hold out for the XML in a P20c2, that'd be wicked.

lebox97

Enlightened
umm, IIRC - XP-G R5, XP-G S2, XM-L all had a greenish tint when they were first introduced/first batches...
these LED are quite mature now,
but more importantly - I don't think you'll find anyone (or very rarely hear) someone saying they have a green tinted EagleTac product.

EagleTac paid a premium price for non green tint LED, and also paid a price in initial loss of marketshare due to their waiting 6 months to get non-green tint LEDs...
rather than jumping on what ever tint they could get their hands on when S2 first became available.
:thumbsup:

I believe all dealers have a pretty liberal return policy - if you don't like - send it back. simple.

Cheers

Tod

I don't mean to keep harping on the greenish topic, BUT there was a Quark User who returned his S2 version because of the green tint. Also, I read on CPF comments about the S2 emitters being hit or miss in terms of color tints. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one of the P20C2 S2's Mark II's, but now hesitate waiting to hear from the new buyers about this possible issue.